2020 Qualifying - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2020 Qualifying

McDange

59 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Do they always release all the games at one time for a public sale?

If I'm reading that correctly then you can buy a ticket for the Belgium and Russia games from the 2nd of April. Means SSC members run the risk of missing out if they buy all the tickets well in advance.

If you don’t go to away games then you’d be mad to have a membership. If you don’t have a spare £100 then you run the risk of missing out

Another kick in the baws from the SSC to people who have paid their subs

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If you don’t go to away games then you’d be mad to have a membership. If you don’t have a spare £100 then you run the risk of missing out

Another kick in the baws from the SSC to people who have paid their subs

Agreed. If it wasn't for Hampden hosting the euros next year then I probably wouldn't have renewed.

Tickets for the vast majority of aways aren't hard to come across.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:05 PM, Scotland Ever More said:

Do they always release all the games at one time for a public sale?

If I'm reading that correctly then you can buy a ticket for the Belgium and Russia games from the 2nd of April. Means SSC members run the risk of missing out if they buy all the tickets well in advance.

I doubt anyone will miss out this time but if they continue with this process it may happen in future if we start filling Hampden again.

The only two games in this campaign that have a remote possibility of selling out are the Belgium match and our final game against Kazakhstan (if we’re still in with a shout of qualifying). Anyone who is a bit skint would be best buying tickets for those two games first to ensure they don’t miss out. 

17 hours ago, Alan said:

No SSC member will miss out getting a season or single ticket.  Supply versus demand.

That’s not the point

Come November against Kazakhstan when a win could result in us finally qualifying for a major tournament then the paid up SSC members should have first refusal on tickets rather than have to fork out £90-£100 around the same time a number of fans have paid in the region on a grand for a double header to Kazakhstan and San Marino

The SSC/SFA treat us with utter contempt but as I’ve said a million times before we are also largely to blame by tripping over ourselves to be at their beck and call

Just like SEM the only reason I’m still going is to keep my points up for next year seen as how we’re just 2 games away from qualifying, otherwise I would have chucked it

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I doubt anyone will miss out this time but if they continue with this process it may happen in future if we start filling Hampden again.

The only two games in this campaign that have a remote possibility of selling out are the Belgium match and our final game against Kazakhstan (if we’re still in with a shout of qualifying). Anyone who is a bit skint would be best buying tickets for those two games first to ensure they don’t miss out. 

I would say Russia on the Friday night has more chance of selling out than Belgium, but i get your point. 

5 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I would say Russia on the Friday night has more chance of selling out than Belgium, but i get your point. 

Maybe. Belgium are a far bigger draw than Russia though and they’ll bring more fans so I reckon the day of the week won’t make too much of a difference. 

Prices are decent for a change as well so hopefully we’ll get 45k+ for both games. 

On 1/27/2019 at 12:55 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

That’s not the point

Come November against Kazakhstan when a win could result in us finally qualifying for a major tournament then the paid up SSC members should have first refusal on tickets rather than have to fork out £90-£100 around the same time a number of fans have paid in the region on a grand for a double header to Kazakhstan and San Marino

The SSC/SFA treat us with utter contempt but as I’ve said a million times before we are also largely to blame by tripping over ourselves to be at their beck and call

Just like SEM the only reason I’m still going is to keep my points up for next year seen as how we’re just 2 games away from qualifying, otherwise I would have chucked it

Like other posters have said buy single tickets of the high demand games first.

But come on the spending £1000 on a holiday incorporating football is no real defence against a season ticket.

2 hours ago, McDange said:

Quite annoying to split the season / individual tickets. Had to get another season and now knowingly have a few spare tickets to shift. A considerably better experience than the Nations League tickets though  

I think it is a good idea. It prevents people buying just single tickets for the good games in decent seats which would then stop people buying season tickets for those seats.

Season tickets bought.

To be honest it's a reasonable price and I suppose a decent discount per game but for those unable to commit to all games you're not going to be too out of pocket by comparison buying single tickets which are reasonably priced too.

They have been reasonably responsive to feedback that their ticket prices in recent years haven't been the best. Let's be honest there's only about 15-20k "die hards" who will attend regardless of price/performances etc. So hopefully the pricing and importantly the results will help get bums on seats as a half-empty Hampden for some of the competitive games in the last couple of years has been a sight for sore eyes.

No season tickets for us.  We might want to take the kids to one or two of the games (not all of them, the wee man is still at primary school and cant really do midweek), but unless I want to have my 10 year old sitting in a completely different part of the stadium to me, we have to give the season tickets a miss and just buy game by game.  Pity.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought our couple of 5 match package tickets, as always make all the home games. Son’s mate who’s working away will be home for two of the games. Is there a “window / date”  where SSC Member can buy another ticket pre public sale ? Or is it just a case of waiting for Public Sale to get him a seat nearby us.

Edited by Stockholm 1980

4 hours ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

Bought our couple of 5 match package tickets, as always make all the home games. Son’s mate who’s working away will be home for two of the games. Is there a “window / date”  where SSC Member can buy another ticket pre public sale ? Or is it just a case of waiting for Public Sale to get him a seat nearby us.

"Single match tickets will go on sale in an exclusive pre-sale window to SSC members from 12 noon on Friday 15 March until Tuesday 2 April, ranging from £22 to £25, before all tickets go on public sale at 12 noon on Tuesday 2 April."

• 3 weeks later...