Sign in to follow this  
robbo cop

Oliver Burke

On 2/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, andyD said:

The Wednesday fans seem to be losing patience with Fletcher. They admire and salute his hard work and graft, but bemoan his lack of goal threat. He is isolated tho, the Wednesday side has very little pace about it and Steve Bruce has been playing 2 defensive mids against bottom of the table sides in his opening games (who knows why), so Fletch is a bit on a hiding to nothing with that setup.

For me Fletch has always been decent if he has runners beyond, so Fraser, Forrest and Christie would fit that. As Wednesday he has nothing like any of those. He'd also work well with a partner, but again, Rhodes was sent out on loan due to Financial Fair Play and Bruce seems to want to play 1 up top anyway.

It's all a bit bizarre at Wednesday these days. For a couple of years (spanning 3 managers) they seem to have been doing their best to not win football matches.

Steve Bruce is a terrible manager. Fletch has never been an out and out scorer but Bruce always has very negative tactics, which obviously doesn't help the more attacking guys

On 2/16/2019 at 12:20 AM, Kirk said:

Steve Bruce is a terrible manager. Fletch has never been an out and out scorer but Bruce always has very negative tactics, which obviously doesn't help the more attacking guys

Won't argue about Bruce, but to be fair to him, he's only been in for 4 games.
Fletch's lack of goals has been evident across the 3 years he's been with the club.

5 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Another goal for the big fella after coming off the bench later on. Tidy finish as well.

Aye, nice first time shot that no keeper was going to get near.

Happy enough with Burke, hopefully he will link well with his team mates, I think we've got a great young group there. 

OK, I've not watched a whole 90 mins, but from club highlights over the past few weeks, Burke looked a menace for opposing defenders with strength, pace and some good byline cut-backs/crosses.   Only a couple of goals though and Forrest has seemed quieter.   When their positions were swapped, Forrest scored again.

Not the whole story, just my impression.   Good if we can get the best of both of them.