Oliver Burke - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver Burke

robbo cop

On 2/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, andyD said:

The Wednesday fans seem to be losing patience with Fletcher. They admire and salute his hard work and graft, but bemoan his lack of goal threat. He is isolated tho, the Wednesday side has very little pace about it and Steve Bruce has been playing 2 defensive mids against bottom of the table sides in his opening games (who knows why), so Fletch is a bit on a hiding to nothing with that setup.

For me Fletch has always been decent if he has runners beyond, so Fraser, Forrest and Christie would fit that. As Wednesday he has nothing like any of those. He'd also work well with a partner, but again, Rhodes was sent out on loan due to Financial Fair Play and Bruce seems to want to play 1 up top anyway.

It's all a bit bizarre at Wednesday these days. For a couple of years (spanning 3 managers) they seem to have been doing their best to not win football matches.

Steve Bruce is a terrible manager. Fletch has never been an out and out scorer but Bruce always has very negative tactics, which obviously doesn't help the more attacking guys

On 2/16/2019 at 12:20 AM, Kirk said:

Steve Bruce is a terrible manager. Fletch has never been an out and out scorer but Bruce always has very negative tactics, which obviously doesn't help the more attacking guys

Won't argue about Bruce, but to be fair to him, he's only been in for 4 games.
Fletch's lack of goals has been evident across the 3 years he's been with the club.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I've not watched a whole 90 mins, but from club highlights over the past few weeks, Burke looked a menace for opposing defenders with strength, pace and some good byline cut-backs/crosses.   Only a couple of goals though and Forrest has seemed quieter.   When their positions were swapped, Forrest scored again.

Not the whole story, just my impression.   Good if we can get the best of both of them.

• 8 months later...
22 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Good article in The Guardian about him: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/29/oliver-burke-i-feel-like-a-proper-footballer-again-really-good-in-myself

I'm not expecting him to turn into the new Bale but I think it'll click for him one day.

For me he really needs game time. A good long run of first team football where he can develop to the next level. Talent is there but he is very raw and untapped at present.

• 9 months later...

Chris Wilder gave an interview and said that he will play Oliver Burke down the middle.

Chris Wilder is a fantastic manager. He is a motivator, he's inovativing and progressive, he's a great man-manager. He places a lot of emphasis on fitness and he seems to be able to get the most out of players.

For instance, Sheffield United's back three has a market value of £22.95m. That would pay for 1/3 of Virgil Van Dijk. And yet, for the majority of the season Sheffield United were in the top half of the table, and would've qualified for Europe if they didn't come back looking sluggish after the restart.

Burke always comes off very shy and soft-spoken. Hopefully Wilder can turn Oliver Burke's potential into potency.

Edited by Taylor1996

Agree that Wilder has done a good job at Sheffield United, my problem is that Burke could not get a regular game in the championship so hoping he improves enough to play on a more regular basis.

To be fair to him he has been loaned out alot in the last few years playing under different managers which cannot be helping so hopefully he fulfills his potential under Wilder.

• 2 weeks later...

Promising match against Aston Villa.

His run and weight perfect defence splitting pass that lead to the penalty, if De Bruyne or Ronaldo did that, the world of football would be swooning.

Because of Burke's natural languid demenear, people mistake it for him being disinterested or lazy. He's neither. He ran himself into the ground last night and he's always given his all for Scotland, from u21 level to senior level.

He's an introvert. When has he ever been in trouble outside of football? He's a reluctant celebrity. 

He needs a manager to give him confidence and make him feel 10 feet tall.

4 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

His run and weight perfect defence splitting pass that lead to the penalty, if De Bruyne or Ronaldo did that, the world of football would be swooning.

Because of Burke's natural languid demenear, people mistake it for him being disinterested or lazy. He's neither. He ran himself into the ground last night and he's always given his all for Scotland, from u21 level to senior level.

He's an introvert. When has he ever been in trouble outside of football? He's a reluctant celebrity. 

Hes an introvert because he doesnt get in bother? What a weird thing to say

5 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I don't think you know words

Just now, Kirk said:

Look up introvert

Oh wait, is it another "Americanism?

Have you seen him interviewed? He seems shy and very in his shell.

Do you know the difference between a comma and a full stop?

"He's an introvert. When has he ever been in trouble outside of football? He's a reluctant celebrity. " sounds a lot different from "He's an introvert, when has he ever been in trouble outside of football? He's a reluctant celebrity."

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Oh wait, is it another "Americanism?

Have you seen him interviewed? He seems shy and very in his shell.

"He's an introvert. When has he ever been in trouble outside of football? He's a reluctant celebrity. " sounds a lot different from "He's an introvert, when has he ever been in trouble outside of football? He's a reluctant celebrity."

What in the utter fuck are you talking about?

48 minutes ago, Kirk said:

What in the utter fuck are you talking about?

Not a difficult question.

I get the impression that you were connecting the "introvert" thing with the "no trouble outside the park" thing.

You are incorrect. The comma separated them. 

If I'm wrong in my assumption, by all means, let me know what you meant.

Edited by Taylor1996

21 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Not a difficult question.

I get the impression that you were connecting the "introvert" thing with the "no trouble outside the park" thing.

You are incorrect. The full stop separated them. 

If I'm wrong in my assumption, by all means, let me know what you meant.

Edited.

You read my post. You told me that I don't know words. You then told me to look up "introvert".

Dude, it would really speed things along if you were actually able to write more than half a dozen words in a post.

I still have no idea why I "don't know words", or why I should "look up introvert". By this snail pace, I'll know by Christmas...

Edited by Taylor1996

20 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Edited.

You read my post. You told me that I don't know words. You then told me to look up "introvert".

Dude, it would really speed things along if you were actually able to write more than half a dozen words in a post.

I still have no idea why I "don't know words", or why I should "look up introvert". By this snail pace, I'll know by Christmas...

Ok the way you structured it, full stop or not suggested you were talking about these things together. Otherwise you were making 3 random statements in a row. Christmas is cancelled