Salmond Arrested - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Salmond Arrested

Apart from a few years in the jail what’s the difference in the eyes of the law between indecent assault and sexual assault?

I always thought breach of the peace was going up the road pished arguing or just being a prick throwing buckets about etc. What else could be classed as breach of the peace?

21 minutes ago, antidote said:

Channel 4 news now doing its utmost with visual subliminal propaganda  to tie Alex Salmond with the YES movement. 

Really. I am shocked by that. Because apparently Salmond has nothing to do with Independence now and this will not dent it at all. Odd.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Really. I am shocked by that. Because apparently Salmond has nothing to do with Independence now and this will not dent it at all. Odd.

But it won’t stop the establishment. 

I don’t think channel 4 showed that many YES flags during the whole referendum as they did tonight on the AS piece. 

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I always thought breach of the peace was going up the road pished arguing or just being a prick throwing buckets about etc. What else could be classed as breach of the peace?

It’s pretty much anything ‘untoward’ that doesn’t quite fit the definition of another specific crime  - it tends to be a safety net if another charge won’t stick.

13 hours ago, antidote said:

I don’t think channel 4 showed that many YES flags during the whole referendum as they did tonight on the AS piece. 

What has troubled me from the start was the process was clearly very unfair. That process has then led into these charges. During it all the media has been exploiting it to the max. Carefully timed leaks etc... I am very suspicious of it all but until we get to see the evidence it is impossible to say. If Salmond is innocent this is going to be one horrendous ordeal for him.  

On 1/25/2019 at 1:29 PM, sbcmfc said:

Whether it’s true or not, some people are over the moon about it.

At least if he’s a rapey bastard it’s a decent reason for unionists to hate him...

What about Nationalists?  Can they hate him as well if he is guilty ? People become very defensive and polarized when those who they respect and look up to find them in these situations. Slightly different I know but Rangers fans were ridiculed for blind faith and lashing out at the media, pundits and anyone who dared take a different view on our financial meltdown.  I was guilty of it myself. 

Edited by EddardStark

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

What about Nationalists?  Can they hate him as well if he is guilty ? People become very defensive and polarized when those who they respect and look up to find them in these situations. Slightly different I know but Rangers fans were ridiculed for blind faith and lashing out at the media, pundits and anyone who dared take a different view on our financial meltdown.  I was guilty of it myself. 

I’m not a huge SNP or Salmond fan.

I see the SNP as best placed to represent me, so they’d probably get my vote based on that.

Salmond comes across as a bit of a narcissist and to be honest it wouldn’t be an earth shattering surprise if he was guilty of some of the things he’s been accused of.

Just find the utter glee from some unionists that he’s been accused a bit weird, but then it’s the same sort of folk that revel in child abuse claims against rival football clubs.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m not a huge SNP or Salmond fan.

I see the SNP as best placed to represent me, so they’d probably get my vote based on that.

Salmond comes across as a bit of a narcissist and to be honest it wouldn’t be an earth shattering surprise if he was guilty of some of the things he’s been accused of.

Just find the utter glee from some unionists that he’s been accused a bit weird, but then it’s the same sort of folk that revel in child abuse claims against rival football clubs.

The only people who I know are chuffed about this news are huns but its only a small handful. The same people seem over the moon about neil Lennons alleged melt down

Taking pleasure in this is bizarre to say the least.