Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big Ramy 1314

World Football Thread....

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He’s some player. You could’ve scripted that last night. He’s got everything, his header for the 1st was excellent! Almost always seems to turn up for the big games.

Taking  bridesmaids Juve to the champions league would be a great achievement and would be another tick in his box in the Ronaldo v Messi argument.

Aye completely expected. Get the ball in the box and he’ll do the rest. Juve were my favourites before the first leg because I thought over 2 legs they’d be hard to beat. Hope I’m wrong though since I do prefer Messi but 4 CL’s in a row with 2 different clubs is on another level in the modern game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Hope I’m wrong though since I do prefer Messi but 4 CL’s in a row with 2 different clubs is on another level in the modern game. 

Im sure I’ve said it several times on here, but my take on it is:

Ronaldo is the best all round player ever, I don’t think there’s anyone close, he has everything, but he’s not Messi. Messi has something magical about him. If I had the chance to see either one of them on Saturday, it would still be Messi.

Messi also comes across a bit more likeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Im sure I’ve said it several times on here, but my take on it is:

Ronaldo is the best all round player ever, I don’t think there’s anyone close, he has everything, but he’s not Messi. Messi has something magical about him. If I had the chance to see either one of them on Saturday, it would still be Messi.

Messi also comes across a bit more likeable.

 

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Ronaldo is the GOAT

 

Yeah I’d always pick Messi, regardless of how there careers pan out from here.

Both individually the greatest players I’ve seen and that includes guys like Zidane, fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Kaka at their best. Difference is Ronaldo and Messi have did it every year. 

Despite their individual brilliance, you can’t underestimate the difference playing in a great team does, there was games during the Guardiola era when Ronaldo barely got a kick because that team was so dominant, both against Madrid and Man U. 

Seems daft but I think Messi’s career could have been even better if they managed Guardiola leaving better, especially in the champions league, even that Guardiola team underachieved and had another CL in them but for losing to Inter and Chelsea in semi finals when arguably the better team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great away European performance from Liverpool tonight. Daft booking from Robbo to put him out of the next game however.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Ronaldo is the GOAT

 

It's not even close, Ronaldo isn't even the best Ronaldo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's not even close, Ronaldo isn't even the best Ronaldo.

That’s just not true is it? Trying to be as objectively as possible ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Im sure I’ve said it several times on here, but my take on it is:

Ronaldo is the best all round player ever, I don’t think there’s anyone close, he has everything, but he’s not Messi. Messi has something magical about him. If I had the chance to see either one of them on Saturday, it would still be Messi.

Messi also comes across a bit more likeable.

IMO Messi and Ronaldo were of a similar standard about 5 years ago with Messi just shading it.

However in the last 5 years years Ronaldo has upped the game and left Messi behind..  

look at what he has done .

He has won

Champs League , Euro's, leagues in 2 countries., domestic cups ......( Real Madrid are shite (( relatively speaking) this year with out him) 

his Perfoimances in the last 8/16 of the Champs league over the last few years have been phenomenal 

Messi can still catch up ( he is a couple of years younger) But i think Ronaldo isnt finished yet, even if he wins CL this year...

I have to agree with earlier post Ronaldo is the GOAT   (  even tho i am not sure what goat stands for)

Ronaldo is the best, 

 

 

ps i am slightly biased as my 7 year old loves Ronaldo and Steven o Donnel. the 2 best ever  !!!! 

 

 

Edited by stocky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stocky said:

IMO Messi and Ronaldo were of a similar standard about 5 years ago with Messi just shading it.

However in the last 5 years years Ronaldo has upped the game and left Messi behind..  

look at what he has done .

He has won

Champs League , Euro's, leagues in 2 countries., domestic cups ......( Real Madrid are shite (( relatively speaking) this year with out him) 

his Perfoimances in the last 8/16 of the Champs league over the last few years have been phenomenal 

Messi can still catch up ( he is a couple of years younger) But i think Ronaldo isnt finished yet, even if he wins CL this year...

I have to agree with earlier post Ronaldo is the GOAT   (  even tho i am not sure what goat stands for)

Ronaldo is the best, 

 

 

ps i am slightly biased as my 7 year old loves Ronaldo and Steven o Donnel. the 2 best ever  !!!! 

 

 

Greatest Of All Time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stocky said:

IMO Messi and Ronaldo were of a similar standard about 5 years ago with Messi just shading it.

However in the last 5 years years Ronaldo has upped the game and left Messi behind..  

look at what he has done .

He has won

Champs League , Euro's, leagues in 2 countries., domestic cups ......( Real Madrid are shite (( relatively speaking) this year with out him) 

his Perfoimances in the last 8/16 of the Champs league over the last few years have been phenomenal 

Messi can still catch up ( he is a couple of years younger) But i think Ronaldo isnt finished yet, even if he wins CL this year...

I have to agree with earlier post Ronaldo is the GOAT   (  even tho i am not sure what goat stands for)

Ronaldo is the best, 

 

 

ps i am slightly biased as my 7 year old loves Ronaldo and Steven o Donnel. the 2 best ever  !!!! 

 

 

Biased is probably true if you thought they were sort of equal 5 years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are the greatest of a generation but its impossible to say they are the best ever. Remember these two players play for modern "super rich clubs".

It's easy to get blinded by what both have won but these teams are filled with superstars. Because of the new European Cup format they also get more attempts at winning it than some of the previous greats, their clubs strangle competition on a domestic level so again their medal count is high in comparison to the previous greats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

 

 

that  was good , interesting, Ronaldo was a slow started it seems....   however , both him and messi are not out and out strikers...so makes them better ....

will be interesting to see this same graph in 5 years....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stocky said:

that  was good , interesting, Ronaldo was a slow started it seems....   however , both him and messi are not out and out strikers...so makes them better ....

will be interesting to see this same graph in 5 years....

Just reinforces how far ahead their numbers are of anyone else. 

I know they play in the some of the best teams but their stats and consistency is unrivalled. 

Unless he gets injured I’d expect Ronaldo to finish with more goals and probably play at the top level until he’s at least 36. Not sure how Messi will evolve past 33/34. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Just reinforces how far ahead their numbers are of anyone else. 

I know they play in the some of the best teams but their stats and consistency is unrivalled. 

Unless he gets injured I’d expect Ronaldo to finish with more goals and probably play at the top level until he’s at least 36. Not sure how Messi will evolve past 33/34. 

the reason its unrivaled is because of the teams they play in. I am not trying to play down how good these guys are, they are clearly the best attacking players on the planet but who they've played for can't dismissed IMO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

the reason its unrivaled is because of the teams they play in. I am not trying to play down how good these guys are, they are clearly the best attacking players on the planet but who they've played for can't dismissed IMO.

 

Great players have always played in great teams but they’ve scored 50 + goals on average each season for around a decade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Just reinforces how far ahead their numbers are of anyone else. 

I know they play in the some of the best teams but their stats and consistency is unrivalled. 

Unless he gets injured I’d expect Ronaldo to finish with more goals and probably play at the top level until he’s at least 36. Not sure how Messi will evolve past 33/34. 

Would imagine Messi will just drop further back the older he gets. Honestly couldn't see it being a problem for him playing deeper until he's absolutely done.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Great players have always played in great teams but they’ve scored 50 + goals on average each season for around a decade. 

to a certain extent yes but a lot of those older teams had local players filling the team. Real and Barca can basically buy who they want to ensure they've got  one of the best in each position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

to a certain extent yes but a lot of those older teams had local players filling the team. Real and Barca can basically buy who they want to ensure they've got  one of the best in each position

Not sure I agree, Raul, Van Nistelroo, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Eto’o etc all played in extremely strong and wealthy Madrid and Barcelona teams and never hit those numbers or were moved on after a peak of a couple of years. Ronaldo was Man U’s best player at what 21 and Madrid’s best player as soon as he joined until he left , Messi has probably been Barcelona’s best player since he was 20. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's their individual stats but how much better do they make the team as well?

Messi played with inesta which is a huge advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 1:52 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

 

 

Great video (apart from the soundtrack).

Ronaldo is a classic example of a player who really had to put the workin to achieve what he has done...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...