World Football Thread.... - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

48 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

I’ve actually enjoyed this European football more over the last couple of weeks than I have for the last 20 years. Need to scrap these two leg affairs.

I agree. It's a much more interesting format and condensed into a mini tournament. Hopefully the shape of thing yo come.

1 minute ago, fringo said:

I agree. It's a much more interesting format and condensed into a mini tournament. Hopefully the shape of thing yo come.

I doubt it’ll change. Too much TV money involved but it’s been more than enjoyable seeing some of the so called big names getting spanked. How good would it be if it went back to champions only? This has been a different dynamic and it’s a shame there weren’t people in the stadiums to have seen it live.

It's been a great format but they've made the best of the current circumstances, with the need for the tournament to be wrapped up quickly, teams avoiding quarantine and matches played without fans.

I'm not sure how that could be translated to a regular season?

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

It's been a great format but they've made the best of the current circumstances, with the need for the tournament to be wrapped up quickly, teams avoiding quarantine and matches played without fans.

I'm not sure how that could be translated to a regular season?

Theres no chance of the format changing. It would mean less matches on tv which is what uefa want.

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

The greatest league in the world, the best manager in the world.

Just beautiful seeing them get humped.

12/1 was mad odds in a CL quarter especially when Pep had shat his pants at the might of Lyon and matched systems.

When they went to their ref for comment on the offside that should have definitely been offside then quickly changed to definitely being a foul in the build up was fantastic. Ended up resorting to foreign teams all dive.

7 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

12/1 was mad odds in a CL quarter especially when Pep had shat his pants at the might of Lyon and matched systems.

When they went to their ref for comment on the offside that should have definitely been offside then quickly changed to definitely being a foul in the build up was fantastic. Ended up resorting to foreign teams all dive.

I put £1 on Lyon to qualify at 8/1 and £1 on them not lose in 90 (Lyon or Draw at 90 mins) at 10/3 - for an £11.34 profit. Thought the odds would be overestimating Man City, especially after Lyon knocked out Juventus.

On the case of odds and for anyone who thinks Bayern may not win he competition. Bet365 allowed me to put a £5 bet on each PSG, Leipzig and Lyon to win the competition separately - so if anyone but Bayern wins the Champions League, I'm up (£3.75 for PSG; £35 for Leizpig and £50 for Lyon; obviously down £15 if Bayern do win).

3 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

I put £1 on Lyon to qualify at 8/1 and £1 on them not lose in 90 (Lyon or Draw at 90 mins) at 10/3 - for an £11.34 profit. Thought the odds would be overestimating Man City, especially after Lyon knocked out Juventus.

On the case of odds and for anyone who thinks Bayern may not win he competition. Bet365 allowed me to put a £5 bet on each PSG, Leipzig and Lyon to win the competition separately - so if anyone but Bayern wins the Champions League, I'm up (£3.75 for PSG; £35 for Leizpig and £50 for Lyon; obviously down £15 if Bayern do win).

Talking of odds, betfair had Johan Cruyff at 16’s to be next Barca manager. 

I’d be looking for significantly more than that if I was a gambling man. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

😬

To be fair skybet usually have Ant and Dec, Gazza and Jimmy Nail listed when the Newcastle job is up.

(I often ask myself why (for example) Jimmy nail is 250/1 and ant and dec are 500/1???? 😂 surely both should just be 1,000,000/1???)

13 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Considering Lyon had just papped out Juventus, their dismissal at the hand of most of the English pundits was fucking ridiculous. Arrogant and lazy. Not a a fucking clue these cunts 😂

27 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

😬

To be fair skybet usually have Ant and Dec, Gazza and Jimmy Nail listed when the Newcastle job is up.

(I often ask myself why (for example) Jimmy nail is 250/1 and ant and dec are 500/1???? 😂 surely both should just be 1,000,000/1???)

Realistically though, each and every one of them have more chance of managing a football club that Cruyff does.......

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 4:34 PM, Clyde1998 said:

I threw caution to the wind and put the £9.87 sat in my Bet365  on it as they were offering to match it with a free bet in play.  I'm not going lie and say I was massively confident but just thought it was mad value - no way they play that game on neutral territory and Man City win 11 on the bounce.    

Before the Man City v Real Madrid game, I put on two bets, £10 on Bayern and £10 on Real Madrid to win the tournament. Obviously Real Madrid went out, but I thought they were worth a bet, as I think Man City are pretty abysmal at the back, but sadly RM played shite. Bayern are the best team in Europe by a good distance IMO.

Inter 4-0 Shakhtar with ten minutes to go. Inter going about their normal game; Shakhar have clearly changed tactically, played slower (down from 1/2 touches per pass to 5+) and been thumped as a result. I don't get why sides don't just play to their strengths and overthink it for each game.

On 8/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, dandydunn said:

When I saw that mentioned, I went to check.

It was Jordi Cryuff that I saw listed at that.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:26 AM, Toepoke said:

That boy Martinez is some prospect. 

Why can Scotland not produce any half decent forwards? :(

He's quality, think Barca have been linked with him, if they get rid of all the players they say they are they might get him but probably cost a fortune.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:00 AM, vanderark14 said:

Oh well, its two of the super clubs in the final. If i had to pick ,id want bayern to win for no other reason than Neymar is a cunt

Got to be Bayern anyway, only thing that gives PSG a chance is the high line Bayern play and the speed of Neymar and Mbappe. Should be a good game hopefully

40 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Some team Sevilla.

They really are.

It's impressive any side could win six Europa Leagues/UEFA Cups in fifteen seasons, particularly when they have rarely broken into the top four in the Spanish league in that time.