World Football Thread.... - Page 35 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 6:01 PM, dan cake said:

Aston Villa sack Dean Smith 

Quickly dropped down the headlines with the Gerrard appointment but most of the Villa supporters that I know think he was hard done by. He has had a few poor runs but always turned things around and has been a bit unlucky with injuries to replacements for Grealish and Wesley (who was crap admittedly). But that is the harsh reality of an EPL club with big backers. Big clubs want big names. It will be interesting to see how Eddie Howe copes with the pressure at Newcastle in comparison.

3 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Jordan have accused Iran of playing a man in goal in the woman’s Asian cup where he / she saved 2 penalties.

All Iran have to do is say the keeper is trans and no-one can say anything. Utter nonsense obviously, but that is today’s world 😏

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

All Iran have to do is say the keeper is trans and no-one can say anything. Utter nonsense obviously, but that is today’s world 😏

Agreed. Apparantly there is a transgender woman in MMA fighting. Kicking fuck out of every woman he/she fights... Its out of order.. Not to go off topic, but I see what you mean Teeko..

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Agreed. Apparantly there is a transgender woman in MMA fighting. Kicking fuck out of every woman he/she fights... Its out of order.. Not to go off topic, but I see what you mean Teeko..

And then there’s the trans New Zealander Olympic weightlifter who was male up until the age of 35 who now competes as a female aged 43. Weightlifting ffs! Sporting integrity right enough eh? 😏

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just watching the Man City v Chelsea match. What a share of moaning,  divin, greetin faced , overpaid wankers.. The supposed best league in the world..

Enough about Celtic, how is the Man City v Chelsea game going 👍

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm surprised the EPL are agreeing to requests for postponing matches. Using that process leaves the process open to abuse

Massively open to abuse. Arsenal played Liverpool and then after the game Arteta was already laying the groundwork for postponing Sundays game. 

EPL have dropped the ball. Rules should be something like, must have over 15 confirmed covid cases to have a game postponed. Anything else and utilise the development squad.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Massively open to abuse. Arsenal played Liverpool and then after the game Arteta was already laying the groundwork for postponing Sundays game. 

EPL have dropped the ball. Rules should be something like, must have over 15 confirmed covid cases to have a game postponed. Anything else and utilise the development squad.

Agreed

I read the story about spurs being pissed off with arsenal and rightly so. Arsenal are taking advantage because they've got injuries and players at the AFCON

46 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Agreed

I read the story about spurs being pissed off with arsenal and rightly so. Arsenal are taking advantage because they've got injuries and players at the AFCON

I think where the EPL have got it wrong is that they are considering how many players each team has available. That takes into account normal injuries, players away at AFCON and also players clubs have choosen to send out on loan. If a games getting cancelled for covid then it should be covid absentees only.

34 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I think where the EPL have got it wrong is that they are considering how many players each team has available. That takes into account normal injuries, players away at AFCON and also players clubs have choosen to send out on loan. If a games getting cancelled for covid then it should be covid absentees only.

Spot on.. If it's covid, provide the proof, cancelled. No proof, hard lines..   End of.. It's getting to be a farce..

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Spot on.. If it's covid, provide the proof, cancelled. No proof, hard lines..   End of.. It's getting to be a farce..

If it was celtic seeking a postponement you'd be throwing the toys out of the pram and playing the victim