World Football Thread.... - Page 32 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

Was speaking about McBurnie on a zoom quiz the other night. Even with players that you don’t like/rate, there’s usually something that you can say is a good attribute. I genuinely can’t think of anything that he is good at, can’t score, can’t hold the ball up, control is poor, passing is pish, vision is cloudy, is lazy as well. I wouldn’t want him at my club, let alone country. 

14 hours ago, kumnio said:

Was speaking about McBurnie on a zoom quiz the other night. Even with players that you don’t like/rate, there’s usually something that you can say is a good attribute. I genuinely can’t think of anything that he is good at, can’t score, can’t hold the ball up, control is poor, passing is pish, vision is cloudy, is lazy as well. I wouldn’t want him at my club, let alone country. 

C'mon tae fuk give him his due. 

He managed to get DD and Ramy to agree about something. That's nothing short of a fukin miracle.

Just watching a documentary on Pele on Netflix. Some rare footage from his younger days with Santos.. My god he scored some crackin  goals, and what a powerful athlete.. Good arguement then on who's the greatest footballer of all time. Pele, Maradona, Best, Messi, Cryuff to name a few.. 

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just watching a documentary on Pele on Netflix. Some rare footage from his younger days with Santos.. My god he scored some crackin  goals, and what a powerful athlete.. Good arguement then on who's the greatest footballer of all time. Pele, Maradona, Best, Messi, Cryuff to name a few.. 

Watched it the other night. Interesting to hear him say he was pushed into the 1970 WC by the government. Quite a dark side to Brazil that I didn’t really know about (in regards to Pelé). He got a bit emotional a couple of times too recalling the games. 
Good viewing though 👍🏼

54 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Watched it the other night. Interesting to hear him say he was pushed into the 1970 WC by the government. Quite a dark side to Brazil that I didn’t really know about (in regards to Pelé). He got a bit emotional a couple of times too recalling the games. 
Good viewing though 👍🏼

Spot on Teeko. I have a new respect for the man. He had the entire Brazil on his shoulders, played through pain, felt sorry for him actually. He was kicked all over the park. Could really see what it meant to him when as you mentioned, he was brought to tears, even at the age of 80.. He is the best of all time in my eyes. If he did not dribble past you, he just went through you, with the ball, and what a fuckin shot he had, both feet..  👍. Yes, enjoyed that documentary...

• 1 month later...

Watched a mini series called "Apache" on netflix. It's about the life of Carlos Tevez. Fuck me did he have a horrible childhood. It's worth a watch. The violent slum he grew up in, the drugs, deaths, crime. It's a miracle he is even alive. Carlos himself actually speaks before every episode, so I am led to believe it is all true.  Fair play to him for becoming the man , and footballer he is.. I only get season 1 here in Canada, 8 episodes, I recommend it..

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Unbelievable.  Chelsea has a clear goal called back by VAR... Wow... Never offside. Even the commentators are astonished 

For once I applaud VAR :lol:

Chuffed to see Leicester finally win it.

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

For once I applaud VAR :lol:

Chuffed to see Leicester finally win it.

Agreed, Chelsea fans went mental then Leicester fans went mental. That's how it's meant to work

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Unbelievable.  Chelsea has a clear goal called back by VAR... Wow... Never offside. Even the commentators are astonished 

He was offside. I don’t like VAR but that’s one it got right. 

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

BBC secure rights for Copa America 2021. All games available via their website or iPlayer. A fine feast of international football this summer - Euros in the afternoon/evening, Copa in the later night time slots. Superb.

👍👍👍👍. I have BBC with my illegal cable box. Mrs Ramy is gonnae regret buying me this box...🙂🙂🙂🍺🍺🍺

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Argentina win Copa America beating Brazil 1-0 in the final, Messi’s first international title on his 10th attempt 

Yeah, and another record surely broken... 7,000 in the Maracana.

Glad to see Messi finally win that, plus Neymar's falls in the box annoyed me.   I wonder if Italy & England will stay on their feet more than those teams did 🙄

36 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Yeah, and another record surely broken... 7,000 in the Maracana.

Glad to see Messi finally win that, plus Neymar's falls in the box annoyed me.   I wonder if Italy & England will stay on their feet more than those teams did 🙄

I watched the match, not to exciting, but Argentina deserved it. Neymar is a cunt also...😉

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Messi a free agent now........ PSG supposedly in talks. I can't see anyone else having the cash to fund his wages

Spanish football seems to be in a bad place financially just now.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:07 AM, vanderark14 said:

Messi a free agent now........ PSG supposedly in talks. I can't see anyone else having the cash to fund his wages

he could have stayed at Barce, and played for sweets - not as though he even needs 1,000 a week