World Football Thread.... - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

On 12/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Dear lord... Think in this era, Messi has played more matches than Pele.. Still some fuckin achievement...

Aye, read somewhere that it was about 80 more games but would reckon scoring in La Liga in the present day is probably more difficult than the Brazilian top flight during the 50s/60s. 

3 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Aye, read somewhere that it was about 80 more games but would reckon scoring in La Liga in the present day is probably more difficult than the Brazilian top flight during the 50s/60s. 

That's actually a very good question. The game has advanced and is far quicker and more technical now, than in Pele era. Only thing is , my Dad, GRHS, told me Pele got kicked all over the park in his day. 

46 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's actually a very good question. The game has advanced and is far quicker and more technical now, than in Pele era. Only thing is , my Dad, GRHS, told me Pele got kicked all over the park in his day. 

To be fair Pele wasn’t an Angel either, heard a few players interviews from that era, his trait was to get the first over the top tackle in at whatever opponent had the “hatchet man” reputation. 

20 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

To be fair Pele wasn’t an Angel either, heard a few players interviews from that era, his trait was to get the first over the top tackle in at whatever opponent had the “hatchet man” reputation. 

Never knew that Jim, mind you, way before my time..

• 3 weeks later...

Copa Libertadores final is on BBC redbutton/iPlayer/sport website tonight at 1950 UK time. Palmeiras v Santos at Maracana. Standard of play may not be as good as Serie A or La Liga but it's definitely something different and will have my attention tonight. Apparently both clubs have some young players who have the potential to move to bug European clubs soon so it will be interesting to see them playing tonight.

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Copa Libertadores final is on BBC redbutton/iPlayer/sport website tonight at 1950 UK time. Palmeiras v Santos at Maracana. Standard of play may not be as good as Serie A or La Liga but it's definitely something different and will have my attention tonight. Apparently both clubs have some young players who have the potential to move to bug European clubs soon so it will be interesting to see them playing tonight.

I’ve been at at Palmeiras game at the Maracana v Flamengo in 2009. Great experience, Palmeiras fans were sensational!