World Football Thread.... - Page 24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

It's easy to be like Klopp and say that Atletico spoiled the game, but you need to recognise that they came to Anfield and scored 3 goals. Exceptionally well drilled and made their sporadic ventures forward count. Love how Simeone always has his players willing to run through brick walls for the cause.

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

EPL emergency meeting tomorrow. 

Arteta has tested positive for corona virus, would be magical to see the season declared null & void with Liverpool pissing it 🤣

Hudson odoi tested positive too.

I reckon the epl matches will be postponed after today

SPFL will go on 

If we can’t complete the league then it presents a problem. Would be unfair on Celtic not to get the title. Would also be unfair on the bottom clubs if positions were ‘frozen’ without the opportunity to play their way to safety. Therefore award Celtic the title and revert the other clubs to their finishing positions from last season for the purposes of prize money and European qualification. It’s the only fair way.

16 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

If we can’t complete the league then it presents a problem. Would be unfair on Celtic not to get the title. Would also be unfair on the bottom clubs if positions were ‘frozen’ without the opportunity to play their way to safety. Therefore award Celtic the title and revert the other clubs to their finishing positions from last season for the purposes of prize money and European qualification. It’s the only fair way.

Can we go to Connahs quay again? 😱

On 3/13/2020 at 7:34 AM, killiefaetheferry said:

You fancy another trip to Wales 😜

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I thought i would miss football but I'm not. I was already losing interest due to the corruptness of it. Its barely even a support now

I miss it. Even though it is corrupt as you say, I'm fed up watching re runs . All they play here on my Canadian sports networks are Engerlish FA cup replays. No thanks.. Started watching World Cup videos from years gone by on you tube. Some classics. What had a documentary on the 1982 World Cup narrated by Sean Connery, it was brilliant. Showed Davey Neirey goal against Brazil. I was so proud, then we shit the bed..😉

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I thought i would miss football but I'm not. I was already losing interest due to the corruptness of it. Its barely even a support now

I’m the same to be honest. Missing the wee man’s fitba (school and club) like mad, but no really the senior stuff at all. 

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

I’m the same to be honest. Missing the wee man’s fitba (school and club) like mad, but no really the senior stuff at all. 

Can agree. I coach both my boys and they are missing it terribly as am I.. I play in a Sunday morning league, I'm ok with missing that at the moment, but as you say, I'm gutted for both my boys as they love their football..

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just watching "FC Barcelona on Netflix. Only 8 episodes so far, but well worth a watch. 👍

If you get Sunderland ‘til I die on Canadian Netflix, it’s well worth watching. Warts and all absolute car crash documentary.

I spend a bit of time there, such a weird place (Newcastle similar) the ground casts a shadow over the city, as a football fan, I find Sunderland heartwarming and tragic at the same time. 😂

I can’t decide if I want them to win or it’s funnier when they lose.

(not this season, before Coronavirus I was waiting on Sunderland winning league one for over £2000 and they had a sniff at end of February, love and hate the bastards in equal measure 😂 )

Edited by sbcmfc