World Football Thread.... - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Juventus gubbed at Hellas Verona.

How nice.

I seen Kumbulla played tonight. He is a terrific young prospect! Apparently Hibs were looking at him in the summer but declined to make a move.  

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Football is just a microcosm of society as a whole, ergo the world is fucked.

You could easily change a couple of words in the paragraph I've copied below and it would be an accurate commentary around the exponentially increasing concentration of wealth and power into the hands of the super elite around the world. 

The good news might be that if we can save football then maybe we will have discovered a way to save the world too :)

"As this investigation will reveal, football’s embrace of unregulated hyper-capitalism has created a growing financial disparity that is now destroying the inherent unpredictability of the sport. This is not just the big clubs often winning, as has been the case since time immemorial. It is that a small group of super-wealthy clubs are now so financially insulated that they are winning more games than ever before, by more goals than ever before, to break more records than ever before. They are stretching the game in a way that has caused the entire sport to transform and shift."

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Big win for Lazio against Inter last night, looks like a 3 way title race for the first time in years 

Yeah, certainly is a genuine three horse race for the title. Another quality match last night - not as action packed as some of the Serie A games I've watched this season but tactically intriguing with very little between the teams. If anyone hasn't tuned in to Italian football for a while I'd recommend now would be a good time to get back into it. Most teams have an attacking mindset as well as the strong tactical awareness that Italian football has always been known for - usually makes for decent viewing.

I’ve been in Belgium over the weekend & went to Mechelen v Anderlecht. Anderlecht lost 2-0 which looks like it damages their play-off chances. Vincent Kompany is now their player manager & got absolute dog’s abuse from their fans at the end. Booed all the way off the pitch  

I also did Genk-Liege (Liege won 3-1) on Sunday which was a cracking game. 

21 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I’ve been in Belgium over the weekend & went to Mechelen v Anderlecht. Anderlecht lost 2-0 which looks like it damages their play-off chances. Vincent Kompany is now their player manager & got absolute dog’s abuse from their fans at the end. Booed all the way off the pitch  

I also did Genk-Liege (Liege won 3-1) on Sunday which was a cracking game. 

Always keep an eye on the Belgian league having watched the Hibernians in Anderlecht leige and leuven (what a town). Good atmospheres at games and great beer obviously, easy and cheap to get there with good transportation. Shame they don’t play the internationals outside Brussels, there’s so many places the Scotland fans would enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why is that mate, serious. I dont get alot of Italian football over here.. It costs a fortune to subscribe.. 

They just don't give a shit, it's all about scoring goals for them, nothing else matters. In Gomez and Ilicic they've also hot two genuine mercurial talents that wouldn't fit in anywhere else in the world, they're a joy to watch.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

They just don't give a shit, it's all about scoring goals for them, nothing else matters. In Gomez and Ilicic they've also hot two genuine mercurial talents that wouldn't fit in anywhere else in the world, they're a joy to watch.

Right on queue from Ilicic, what a player.

Ilicic is fantastic. Lovely goal. Been promising my wee boy a trip to Bergamo for his favourite cheese but he’s been following Atalanta from the start of the season as a result 😂. Calls them the ‘cheesy boys’ 👍. He’s only known Killie as a Steve Clarke team. Lucky boy 😂

Edited by killiefaetheferry

23 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Ilicic is fantastic. Lovely goal. Been promising my wee boy a trip to Bergamo for his favourite cheese but he’s been following Atalanta from the start of the season as a result 😂. Calls them the ‘cheesy boys’ 👍. He’s only known Killie as a Steve Clarke team. Lucky boy 😂

Your boys obviously got good taste. This is getting absolutely ridiculous now, what a team.