World Football Thread.... - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Why is that depressing? Slavia Prague got to the Europa League semi final last year losing to the eventual winners. Them beating Cluj is hardly a shock within the football world.

Agreed would be no different if we’d faced them. Much like tonight will be incredibly difficult.

4 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Why is that depressing? Slavia Prague got to the Europa League semi final last year losing to the eventual winners. Them beating Cluj is hardly a shock within the football world.

Did you watch the game? Neither side is up to much. 

33 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Did you watch the game? Neither side is up to much. 

Absolutely agreed. Slavia didn't look up to a great deal, but still came away with the result, despite their best efforts with giving away a late penalty.

Calling Celtic out for losing to Cluj is fair enough. Further calling out of Celtic (and Scottish football) because Cluj lost to Slavia is a strange stance to take though. The winner of the Celtic/Cluj tie was always going to struggle in the play off.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

On 8/22/2019 at 1:47 PM, Tartan_McCole said:

Absolutely agreed. Slavia didn't look up to a great deal, but still came away with the result, despite their best efforts with giving away a late penalty.

Calling Celtic out for losing to Cluj is fair enough. Further calling out of Celtic (and Scottish football) because Cluj lost to Slavia is a strange stance to take though. The winner of the Celtic/Cluj tie was always going to struggle in the play off.

It's more the fact that neither team is very good and with the money being spent by Celtic you'd expect them to go through. 

To be totally fair, I would be equally disappointed if Rangers lost to either of them, or Legia for that matter. 

• 2 weeks later...

Branching off here, currently on sky the pc fuckers are giving it large about race in football. Just fuck off,  sky have almost scunnered me by wheeling out a series of females trying to educate me on football. They won't and they can't. It's just empty cliche after cliche that comes out their gob. Now they have some oriental dude and a southern Asian female bemoaning the lack of opportunities in football, whilst a black ex-pro gets shot down for saying it isn't really an issue.

India,Japan and China combined, despite having a population of billions, have struggled to churn out a single competent footballer of any note so why are these cunts trying to paint it as a race issue? 

8 hours ago, Farcity said:

Branching off here, currently on sky the pc fuckers are giving it large about race in football. Just fuck off,  sky have almost scunnered me by wheeling out a series of females trying to educate me on football. They won't and they can't. It's just empty cliche after cliche that comes out their gob. Now they have some oriental dude and a southern Asian female bemoaning the lack of opportunities in football, whilst a black ex-pro gets shot down for saying it isn't really an issue.

India,Japan and China combined, despite having a population of billions, have struggled to churn out a single competent footballer of any note so why are these cunts trying to paint it as a race issue? 

To be fair Japan have produced some technically gifted players and Son at Spurs is one of the best players in England on his day. 

I know what you’re saying though. 

I enjoyed the women’s World Cup but the agenda of equal pay and the forced politics of it all was off putting, especially with the US team. 

• 2 months later...