World Football Thread.... - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

8 hours ago, Kirk said:

Stolen from the TA FB

All the way to Guimares
To End up in defeat
Crying in the stands
And battered in the street
England’s going backwards
Back in to the dark
But we don’t give a fuck
Cause we’ve got Stevie Clarke
Allez Allez Allez

Fvcking grim, should have stayed on FB. 

Folks who make up songs of that nature should be the first to have their hard drives checked.

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Fvcking grim, should have stayed on FB. 

Folks who make up songs of that nature should be the first to have their hard drives checked.

Better than doe a dear etc 😂😂 its that annoying chant that ever club has I agree but slightly funny at least. 

32 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Better than doe a dear etc 😂😂 its that annoying chant that ever club has I agree but slightly funny at least. 

I'm not one for shouting down every new song attempt like some on here, but that is fucking woeful

No doubt created by a wanker who sings "I hate Iceland, I shop at tesco"  when we play them. 

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

I'm not one for shouting down every new song attempt like some on here, but that is fucking woeful

No doubt created by a wanker who sings "I hate Iceland, I shop at tesco"  when we play them. 

Deep fry your "Pizza" "Whales" "Prossies" depending on who we play.

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Deep fry your "Pizza" "Whales" "Prossies" depending on who we play.

That's the sort of thing I'm on about.

Part of the reason i'd never buy the season ticket, getting landed beside dicks like that for 5/6 games would be hellish

13 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

See n Ireland won again tonight. Winning the games they should be winning to have a chance to qualify

It’ll never catch on.

They've got something about them to keep scrapping out results.

A late goal for a 1-0 win in a tricky away game, exactly the sort of game we’d struggle in!

There’s barely a player from their team that would get in our squad, let alone starting 11. Guys that haven’t kicked a ball since February starting. Yet they seem to continually punch above their weight.

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

It’ll never catch on.

They've got something about them to keep scrapping out results.

A late goal for a 1-0 win in a tricky away game, exactly the sort of game we’d struggle in!

There’s barely a player from their team that would get in our squad, let alone starting 11. Guys that haven’t kicked a ball since February starting. Yet they seem to continually punch above their weight.

Probably got something to do with them actually wanting to play for their country. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Ukraine win the u20 world cup. We talk about promising youngsters coming through our ranks, yet we barely ever qualify for for these tournaments, let alone have the chance of winning one. 

Exactly mate. Does ma not in..

4 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Ukraine win the u20 world cup. We talk about promising youngsters coming through our ranks, yet we barely ever qualify for for these tournaments, let alone have the chance of winning one. 

Look at the U21s too

This is what the SFA have overseen yet continually say is progress

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_national_under-21_football_team

Edited by Ally Bongo

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Look at the U21s too

This is what the SFA have overseen yet continually say is progress

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_national_under-21_football_team

No qualification since 1996, pathetic. Some will say that the younger teams have no bearing as most won't make it, but it's the same pattern as the full team

4 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

No qualification since 1996, pathetic. Some will say that the younger teams have no bearing as most won't make it, but it's the same pattern as the full team

It's even made worse by us regularly getting to the latter stages of Under 21 World Cup final tournaments prior to 1996 never mind simply qualifying

It's no wonder the main team has been average to shite if we are not producing younger talented players

2 hours ago, UpTheSlope said:

A lacklustre showing at the WWC so far yet theres patronising feminist fuckwits who will continue to demonise the men’s game

Who's demonising the mens game?