World Football Thread.... - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

21 hours ago, kumnio said:

This is quite possibly the worst European final that I have ever watched.

We were in Edinburgh with friends from Liverpool this weekend. One a Liverpool fan the other an Evertonian. There was more entertainment and action from the 2 of them than there was on the field . Truly awful game. 

13 minutes ago, Nobby said:

indeed, it was a shocker and to be fair spurs deserved nothing from it ! much as it pains me to say it !

Out of interest what was your take on playing Kane?  I know he's a legend and stuff but any fallout for him declaring himself fit when he obviously wasn't and any mumblings about the manager not hooking him at half time?    One thing that struck me as Spurs walked out for the second half was they all looked pretty flat. 

7 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Out of interest what was your take on playing Kane?  I know he's a legend and stuff but any fallout for him declaring himself fit when he obviously wasn't and any mumblings about the manager not hooking him at half time?    One thing that struck me as Spurs walked out for the second half was they all looked pretty flat. 

Kane killed the team imo. Wasn’t fit and spurs were basically playing with 10 men. 

8 hours ago, Nobby said:

indeed, it was a shocker and to be fair spurs deserved nothing from it ! much as it pains me to say it !

Decent game

weve been spoilt by so many decent games recently

spurs v ajax and lpool v barca etc , man city before that

compare it to say barca v steau bucharest

or even marseilles v ac milan in past

even pool v roma 0-0 84 was crap

23 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he should've played Moura from the start and bought on Kane later in the game. IMHO its the one big call Poch got wrong. That said we were abysmal in the final 3rd all game so who knows !!!

Stolen from the TA FB

All the way to Guimares
To End up in defeat
Crying in the stands
And battered in the street
England’s going backwards
Back in to the dark
But we don’t give a fuck
Cause we’ve got Stevie Clarke
Allez Allez Allez

This is so funny, Half the folk don't know it's Diego Maradona , and only  know the chef dude who i read is called "Salt Bae".

Also what's the odss on that being rocks rather salt at the end.

Edited by phart

4 hours ago, phart said:

This is so funny, Half the folk don't know it's Diego Maradona , and only  know the chef dude who i read is called "Salt Bae".

Also what's the odss on that being rocks rather salt at the end.

Funny? What am I missing??

8 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

England getting pumped. Of course it will be the blame of a hard EPL season.

I cant see why they would blame the EPL season,the Dutch players have had a hard season too. They will blame southgate's tactics.