World Football Thread.... - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

49 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

It would have been somewhere around that time. I forget exactly. I met the same lad there in consecutive years as we stayed in the same b&b. From (fading) memory, he was called Kevin. 

Kevin?  Well, not guilty thankfully.  :)  The Fife had some great players then though. No wonder you got swept up in the gloryhunting!  :lol: 

3 hours ago, daviebee said:

Kevin?  Well, not guilty thankfully.  :)  The Fife had some great players then though. No wonder you got swept up in the gloryhunting!  :lol: 

Relative to how we were doing around then, having 11 players that could kick a ball counted as gloryhunting.

Just asking, but does anyone on here care who wins either European final this year?

I mean I know in eng it will be very popular and hyped up.

But does anybody living in a different European country have any interest in it?

Always feel 2 teams from same country ruins the ethos of the old European cup.  Ive watched every CL final since 92 but will give this a miss because you need to want one of the teams to win or lose.  Shame they cant both lose.

1 hour ago, ScotlandWintheWorldCup said:

Just asking, but does anyone on here care who wins either European final this year?

I mean I know in eng it will be very popular and hyped up.

But does anybody living in a different European country have any interest in it?

Always feel 2 teams from same country ruins the ethos of the old European cup.  Ive watched every CL final since 92 but will give this a miss because you need to want one of the teams to win or lose.  Shame they cant both lose.

I would watch the finals but I don’t have a massive desire for any one team to win or lose. I would probably be happy to see Spurs win CL as they haven’t won’t it before. I think a lot of football fans will have an interest. Would probably also rather have seen Ajax in the final as they have played some great football in the CL this season.

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

Italian cup final tonight between Atalanta and Lazio on BT at 19:45. If you want to watch an exciting team then watch Atalanta before the season ends, they are magnificent.

Agree with you - have watched them a couple of times recently. Has re-ignited my desire to visit Bergamo. My wee boy has also developed a complete obsession with Taleggio cheese; it's costing me a fortune 😂

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Agree with you - have watched them a couple of times recently. Has re-ignited my desire to visit Bergamo. My wee boy has also developed a complete obsession with Taleggio cheese; it's costing me a fortune 😂

Not been a classic so far but certainly well contested. 

Some proper old school challenges too

Currently hoping for extra time, more of the same and a 120th minute winner for Atalanta. 

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not been a classic so far but certainly well contested. 

Some proper old school challenges too

Currently hoping for extra time, more of the same and a 120th minute winner for Atalanta. 

It wasn't the greatest game in terms of quality but the weather and the atmosphere contributed to it being 100mph for 90 minutes, it was terrific.

3 hours ago, Mox said:

It wasn't the greatest game in terms of quality but the weather and the atmosphere contributed to it being 100mph for 90 minutes, it was terrific.

Yep, just disappointed with the end result. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Well I wasn't expecting this at half time in Arsenal v Chelsea!...

Chelsea’s record in cup finals over the past 12/15 must be impressive, changing managers ever other year doesn’t seem to affect their accumulation of trophies too much

33 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Players are tired though, thats the excuse that they are going with.

St Mirren v Utd last week was a better game FFS.

Totally agree. St Mirren game was far better