World Football Thread.... - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

59 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Take it Qatar are benefiting from their idea if nationalising folk to make their team better?

Heard an Asian football expert interviewed on talk sport and that’s surprisingly not the case.

I believe “only” 6/23 man squad.

A lot of the others are the children of people who went their to work 20+ years ago, so were born their.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Heard an Asian football expert interviewed on talk sport and that’s surprisingly not the case.

A lot of the others are the children of people who went their to work 20+ years ago, so were born their.

Surprised at that, was at the last Asian cup and can’t mind them doing much so expected a greater number of non Qatar born players to make this final 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, I went through their squad to see how’s valid that claim was. I seen only 5 born outside Qatar, they’re more Qatari than Scotland are Scottish FFS!...I think it was only two players, one born in Sudan and one born in France that the UAE kicked up shit about.

That’s 20 goals plus in the league for Messi, 11 seasons in a row. I was half expecting him to decline this season but his numbers are just as strong. 

Mbappe is frightening though, surenhis numbers are equally, if not more impressive than Ronaldo and Messi for his age, strong France team as well so another World Cup or Euro is a possibility and only a matter of time before the CL, with PSG or Madrid etc 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That’s 20 goals plus in the league for Messi, 11 seasons in a row. I was half expecting him to decline this season but his numbers are just as strong. 

Mbappe is frightening though, surenhis numbers are equally, if not more impressive than Ronaldo and Messi for his age, strong France team as well so another World Cup or Euro is a possibility and only a matter of time before the CL, with PSG or Madrid etc 

Why would you think he would decline? He is only 31 and has the best medicine money can buy.

57 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Jose Mourinho gets a 2 million pound fine and a one year jail sentence for tax fraud, yet will not sit one day behind bars. Interesting.. 🤔

Is there not something in Spanish law that all sentences under 2 years are non custodial?  

On 2/4/2019 at 10:24 AM, sbcmfc said:

Do players not generally peak mid-late 20s?

Loads of top players are finished by 32-33.

That's the trend when we were young it's getting pushed further and further out now (the end of your peak)

19 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Jose Mourinho gets a 2 million pound fine and a one year jail sentence for tax fraud, yet will not sit one day behind bars. Interesting.. 🤔

It's cause it's under 2 years, in Spain under 2 years is always suspended sentence or so i read.

• 3 weeks later...