World Football Thread.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World Football Thread....

Might as well start a World Football Thread. Anything outside Scotland and the UK I suppose. I see Barcelona rested Messi tonight in the Copa Del Ray. It backfired big time. Beaten 2-0 by Seville in first leg. Should be interesting 2nd leg but I still fancy Barca to go through. I quite like watching Laliga. 

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

On another country. Boca Juniors. Watching a program on Netflix about the club. They are pure mental man. Fuck I love football..

I never knew there was a documentary about Boca, that would interest me. I'll pop that on the list along with the all blacks documentary on Amazon. I've no interest n the man city documentary 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I never knew there was a documentary about Boca, that would interest me. I'll pop that on the list along with the all blacks documentary on Amazon. I've no interest n the man city documentary 

I’ve just started the Sunderland one.

reasonably interesting, and quite amusing as they’re optimistic about coming straight back up.

:lol:

Can imagine things are about to get a bit dark as they drop down the table.

Watched the end of the Barca game last night. The Geordie commentator on Bein sports is so bad it’s funny, he’s trying to be Sid Waddell, contrasted with the American guy talking like the parody American soccer guy it’s quite funny.

Sevilla obviously a good cup side, so be an interesting return as Ramy says.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes, it's good mate. Follows the club through training and their daily routine. I quite enjoyed it. That Carlos Tevez is some workhorse. 

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Can't believe how far Monaco have sunk over the last few years. 

It’s a plastic club.

Monaco hardly your traditional working class fitba’ town.

I’ve not looked into it too, but I’d guess FFP will be seriously curtailing them given their fan base?

Edited by sbcmfc

On 1/24/2019 at 9:46 AM, sbcmfc said:

I’ve just started the Sunderland one.

reasonably interesting, and quite amusing as they’re optimistic about coming straight back up.

Can imagine things are about to get a bit dark as they drop down the table.

Watched the end of the Barca game last night. The Geordie commentator on Bein sports is so bad it’s funny, he’s trying to be Sid Waddell, contrasted with the American guy talking like the parody American soccer guy it’s quite funny.

Sevilla obviously a good cup side, so be an interesting return as Ramy says.

How are you finding the Sunderland documentary? I've heard it's decent

The all blacks one is good so fars 

22 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Sunderland documentary is great. I almost wanted them to escape relegation in the end 😂

Jack Rodwell is shown to be an utter cunt and all that is wrong with football in one of the last episodes when he refuses to leave on transfer deadline day. 

Edited by dandydunn

On 1/25/2019 at 10:14 AM, sbcmfc said:

It’s a plastic club.

Monaco hardly your traditional working class fitba’ town.

I’ve not looked into it too, but I’d guess FFP will be seriously curtailing them given their fan base?

Wasn't there a problem with the tax their players were paying it was something like 10% when all other teams players had to pay about 40% so the club's rebelled against it and I think they have to pay the same.which makes them a lot less attractive and I suppose they can't match the wages of the big clubs

10 minutes ago, hoofitharder said:

Wasn't there a problem with the tax their players were paying it was something like 10% when all other teams players had to pay about 40% so the club's rebelled against it and I think they have to pay the same.which makes them a lot less attractive and I suppose they can't match the wages of the big clubs

I don’t think you have to pay national insurance either in Monaco

On 1/26/2019 at 7:29 PM, vanderark14 said:

I’d add Martin Bain to the cunt list, nothing Scottish football fans didn’t really know, but fuck me, what a tool. *

Wifes out most of next week, so should be well through it in a few days. Interesting so far. I work in the North East occasionally so have a bit of empathy with Sunderland and Newcastle. Also envious of towns where everyone supports the local team.

*with hindsight I’d have told the careers officer at school I didn’t want a vocation, I just wanted to be a CEO, doesn’t matter what of, I’d create a cluster fuck and move on before I’d actually learned the industry, but once you’ve got these things on your CV you’re made. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

There is a program on Netflix. It is called, "Defenders of the Faith". Search "Religion in Sports", then it's one of the episodes. It is a documentary about Celtic and Sevco. It's quite good. The Sevco supporter in it "Declan" , is a wee fannybaws. 🤣🤣

If that's the same one I'm thinking about then it's a pile of complete shite and focuses on a hun and a Celtic fan who have had a death in their families rather than anything to do with football or the rivalry between Celtic and them.

13 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

If that's the same one I'm thinking about then it's a pile of complete shite and focuses on a hun and a Celtic fan who have had a death in their families rather than anything to do with football or the rivalry between Celtic and them.

Yes. That's the one. 🤣

14 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I enjoyed it. It's very tame yes. That Declan gets on ma tits though. Utter fanny. 

43 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I enjoyed it. It's very tame yes. That Declan gets on ma tits though. Utter fanny. 

I just didn't see what relevance any of it had to the derby, or football in general. If I remember correctly then it was filmed at the 5-1 with Dembele scoring a hattrick so at least that's something good about it.

The people they select for these things are never really representative of people you'd actually meet at a game imo