Womens' World Cup - who's in? - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Womens' World Cup - who's in?

ginger_jesus

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After Brussels we're going to Rennes for the Japan game, but we've missed the notification from the SFA about tickets.

I got an email saying we'd hear soon, and when I checked today I see that the sale is closed.

Tickets can still be had through FIFA: €9, €15, €22 or €30. Mrs Padre says she's too old for the €9 tickets.

Apart from Grim Jim, anyone else going?

I’m heading to nice for the England game, then Brussels for Belgium and then Rennes via Paris, for the Japan game, coming back over for the Argentina the following week is going to be a bit of a stretch - will wait and see how they get on!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 1:53 AM, Clyde1998 said:

I'll probably go to Paris for the Argentina game, may do the others too depending on cost of travel, etc. I'll wait until I know where the SFA tickets were sold before buying anything though.

Anybody know which end is the Scotland end for the Argentina game on Wednesday 19 June at Parc de Princes? 

We’ve been cheapskates and gone for the Category 4 ones at €9.

The next ones up at €14 are either no better or actually worse, with a good chance of being stuck in one of the corners. I’d rather be behind the goal.

The €22 ones are OK, but you’re quite likely to be close to the goal line, which isn’t much better than being stuck in a corner.

The €30 ones would be fine, but I guessed most TA wouldn’t pay that so we decided not to go for it.

See you there.

2 hours ago, Padre Andrew said:

We’ve been cheapskates and gone for the Category 4 ones at €9.

The next ones up at €14 are either no better or actually worse, with a good chance of being stuck in one of the corners. I’d rather be behind the goal.

The €22 ones are OK, but you’re quite likely to be close to the goal line, which isn’t much better than being stuck in a corner.

The €30 ones would be fine, but I guessed most TA wouldn’t pay that so we decided not to go for it.

See you there.

So what stand/area are you in? I'd rather be amongst some Scotland fans, than have the best view with the neutrals 

Booked up for Rennes but not purchased match tickets as have been trying for weeks to find out location of Scotland support. Might just be a cheapskate & buy the 9 euro ones if that's where supporters are likely to be who didnt buy via SFA/SSC.

Also, any idea of likely numbers to travel? I've been at each of the home qualifiers and its great to see crowds growing but really not sure what to expect in France as unfortunately missed the Euro's a couple of years back.

Can't wait for it!

Edited by WorldCupBound

1 hour ago, Wargo said:

You should be able to get tickets on match day, no? Or do you think they'll be sold out?

If you mean Scotland vs Japan in Rennes, Roazhon Park will take 29,164.   Dunno if it's a good comparison, but in the 2015 finals the only games exceeding that were the semis and final, games involving Canada (hosts) or USA, and other first round games in the host's group.

Will England will take a big support?   The Nice stadium can take over 35,000 for that.

1 hour ago, gordonhibs said:

Those going to Rennes and bought your tickets through the SFA - where in the stadium are your tickets? 

I've heard nothing so far.   Starting to wonder when they will post them out given that we'll be in Belgium soon.

I missed the deadline for tickets on the SFA website - don't recall getting a reminder of when that was, and when I tried to buy was told the sale was closed. 

Went to FIFA website and have bought cheap e-tickets there. Have printed these off.

I've just had an email from the a Lynsey Kelly at the SFA saying "Your tickets will be posted out today using the Royal Mail Special Delivery".  😒

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, Catchart Circle said:

Most TA?

Most TA will be on their way to Brussels!

So the Scottish contingent in the crowd don't qualify as TA then? Anyway, it's 2 days before so plenty of time, it's Brussels no Baku... ;) 

Nice stadium section advice anyone?