Cardiff City's new signing Emiliano Sala - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cardiff City's new signing Emiliano Sala

23 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Terrible tragedy, but totally unavoidable in my opinion, to undertake a VFR ( visual flight rules) flight across the channel at night in terrible weather conditions in a single engine aircraft was unadvisable to say the least.

As some of you may know I work for ATC in Jersey but wasn’t on duty the other night, he was flying at 5,000 ft and requested descent, it was freezing conditions so the descent would have been for weather avoidance, that was the last transmission he made, the controller knew he was in trouble due to his erratic manouevers, lots have commented on why he never called a Mayday.

In situations like these that’s not unusual, pilots are trained to “ Aviate, Navigate then Communicate”  so his (panic) workload would have been too high to even consider calling for help as there’s nothing anyone can do for him anyway.

Work has been a very somber place for the last few days, these things really hit home.

Still 4 rescue aircrafts searching as I type on my break, I pesonally think they may eventually find some debris but the aircraft or bodies will never be recovered. Hope I’m wrong 

Is that a very real prospect? Never recovering the bodies ? I assume thats something to do with stretch of water around the Channel Islands ? Thats an even bigger nightmare if they dont find anything  

13 hours ago, Chripper said:

The light aircraft he was travelling in to sign for the club went down in the English channel.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/emiliano-sala-missing-plane-live-13890265

He looks like a nice lad. 

Personally I think Cardiff City have a lot to answer for. Why wasn't he on a private jet? Why not even a commercial airline? 

They're in the EPL, they can't afford an Easyjet ticket?

At several points in this thread you've claimed you started it as a simple RIP for the poor lad (forgetting the pilot) but if you actually read what you've written, without prejudice, you'll see your post does not read like that. 

You've said he looked a nice lad and then blamed, at least partially, Cardiff. 

Personally I think you need to apologise to a few folk on here for having a go at them when you are in the wrong. And admit your original post doesn't come over as you intended.

Thanks to Jim (I think) for the insight into the process. Sadly it looks like 2 people have lost their lives in a tragic accident which possibly could have been avoided. 

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Is that a very real prospect? Never recovering the bodies ? I assume thats something to do with stretch of water around the Channel Islands ? Thats an even bigger nightmare if they dont find anything  

Unfortunately yes, that’s the most likely outcome, there’s a massive underwater valley/trench called Hurds Deep in the area where he went down.

British government used the area for years as chemical dumping ground, also after WW2 it was used to dump all the German equipment left behind in all the Channel Islands, it’s a no go zone for divers due to the dangers of it and suspected radioactive waste, if the aircraft had broke up on impact (or at least some of it) debris would have been found by now.

Its likely sunk straight to the bottom and will never be found or recovered.

Again that’s just my personal opinion and hopefully I’m wrong. 

Just read back my first post I made, in the first sentence I said it was “totally unavoidable”, that should have read “totally avoidable” there are several PPL holders in my department, many of them very experienced and NONE of them would have attempted such a flight on that route at night in sub zero weather conditions on a single engine turboprop aircraft. 

Edited by Jersey Jim

13 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Just read back my first post I made, in the first sentence I said it was “totally unavoidable”, that should have read “totally avoidable” there are several PPL holders in my department, many of them very experienced and NONE of them would have attempted such a flight on that route at night in sub zero weather conditions on a single engine turboprop aircraft. 

I had actually read your post but had read it as you intended, not as posted. Possibly because the context was clear. 

If I'm reading you correctly then there's the possibility that the pilot is going to get the blame for this? 

Tragic and so soon after the accident at Leicester. It's easy to forget how vulnerable we all are, not matter how much money you have, and we don't know what is round the corner.

Enjoy yourselves while you can and fuck getting all angry on a football message board. 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Tragic and so soon after the accident at Leicester. It's easy to forget how vulnerable we all are, not matter how much money you have, and we don't know what is round the corner.

Enjoy yourselves while you can and fuck getting all angry on a football message board. 

Amen Brother

Sky Sports News have his voice messages, sounds like he expected the worse.

You dont, well I certainly dont, think of the English Channel as having that bad weather, its a pretty shocking story. Its incredibly unlikely that there will be any good news now.

I’m obviously missing something through lack of knowledge Jim but maybe you can clear it up....why was the weather classed as so bad? Wasn’t it just a bit cold (likely what -10 up there?) and just a winters day that happens many nights a year? Is it the fact it’s a wee plane that makes for the questions as to why it departed for the journey? Was it really a dangerous journey?

By the way OP, you’re still a cunt. That’s saved my PMing you. 😂

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just read an article saying may have been ice on the wings. Pilot would have been wrestling with a stall at 2,300 feet. Can't even imagine the terror on that plane. So sad.....

I know, me, neither.

I've been involved in some hair-raising moments, but knowing that the odds are on that you are going to perish soon, I can't imagine it.

I intended for the thread to be respectful, it's just a pity that certain people couldn't put aside their personal feelings towards me long enough to pay tribute to this lad. To taint, what is essentially a tribute thread, well, that's completely and utterly vile. There's no coming back from that.

5 hours ago, Chripper said:

I know, me, neither.

I've been involved in some hair-raising moments, but knowing that the odds are on that you are going to perish soon, I can't imagine it.

I intended for the thread to be respectful, it's just a pity that certain people couldn't put aside their personal feelings towards me long enough to pay tribute to this lad. To taint, what is essentially a tribute thread, well, that's completely and utterly vile. There's no coming back from that.

I see you have just skipped over responding to my previous post on your original post. 

Stop trying to make out you were only making a tribute thread. You weren't. 

Just accept your post wasn't reflective of your intentions stated after it. 

15 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Very sad, cannot believe people are arguing on this thread. Thoughts with the player, pilot and families.

I know.

It beggars believe, actually. Before I posted this thread I showed faith that people wouldn't soil it, but sadly some people just cannot help themselves. It's akin to yobs ruining a minute's silence. Some people just haven't got class.

In this thread I'm just ignoring the negative comments, out of respect for the victims.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:39 PM, Jersey Jim said:

Yeah, I actually read it as "avoidable".

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:42 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Absolutely spot on!

Life is fragile. My philosophy is to take each day as it comes and enjoy each and every moment of it. To treat your loved ones today as if they won't be here tomorrow and to love and appreciate those who bring positivity and light into your life and to simply take pity and put to the side those who don't.

Life is too short to welcome negativity and allow negative people into your life.

Edited by Chripper

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

Yeah, I actually read it as "avoidable".

Absolutely spot on!

Life is fragile. My philosophy is to take each day as it comes and enjoy each and every moment of it. To treat your loved ones today as if they won't be here tomorrow and to love and appreciate those who bring positivity and light into your life and to simply take pity and put to the side those who don't.

Life is too short to welcome negativity and allow negative people into your life.

You should bin this place then 😊

1 minute ago, bonzo said:

You should bin this place then 😊

:lol:

There's a few nice people here, (so I'm absolutely not painting everyone with the same brush) but there's a core of people here who are wound up so tightly and coiled with such anger, and they unleash it with the subtlest of reasons.

Namaste to all. 🙏

On 1/25/2019 at 7:40 AM, Chripper said:

I know.

It beggars believe, actually. Before I posted this thread I showed faith that people wouldn't soil it, but sadly some people just cannot help themselves. It's akin to yobs ruining a minute's silence. Some people just haven't got class.

In this thread I'm just ignoring the negative comments, out of respect for the victims.

More Trumpian rewriting of this threads history. You are possibly the most self unaware poster on these boards and that is no mean feat. 

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

More Trumpian rewriting of this threads history. You are possibly the most self unaware poster on these boards and that is no mean feat. 

I've actually heard the term "unaware" several times on this board, to describe me, but apart from being an obvious "word-of-the-times" word, I don't quite know what is meant by it. Are people here using the right term?

I post a basic RIP thread and it gets filled with insults. I'm aware of that.

I would actually rebound it back and say that the people who have a grudge against me aren't aware of my awareness, and that I find rather amusing. I send a PM to a person here and I used the perfect analogy about my posts being like "breadcrumbs" and my attackers being "pigeons".

Take a beat and think about it. I'll give you the entire weekend. 

Edited by Chripper

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

I've actually heard the term "unaware" several times on this board, to describe me, but apart from being an obvious "word-of-the-times" word, I don't quite know what is meant by it. Are people here using the right term?

I post a basic RIP thread and it gets filled with insults. I'm aware of that.

I would actually rebound it back and say that the people who have a grudge against me aren't aware of my awareness, and that I find rather amusing. I send a PM to a person here and I used the perfect analogy about my posts being like "breadcrumbs" and my attackers being "pigeons".

Take a beat and think about it. I'll give you the entire weekend. 

it wasn't a "basic" RIP thread. That's the point but you already know that. Just move on, please. 

12 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

it wasn't a "basic" RIP thread. That's the point but you already know that. Just move on, please. 

No. It was. 100% legit.

I just think people are trying to be clever by pretending to see something that isn't really there, in an attempt to impress me. The Emperor's new clothes, if you will.

It's interesting. There are people here who seem to be fascinated with, from my love for three at the back to my Danny Ward theory, etc. Just a few minutes ago someone commented on me changing my signature. Not only that, but I think Scotty came on to me a few days ago by giving me his age, sex and location, he offered to let me see his photograph. I'll be honest, though, that last one was creepy.

People on here are "one-note". If they don't agree with a person their reactionary impulse is to insult them. I take insults as a compliment. How can you strike down an opponent if you don't have weapons? It's akin to trying to break down a brick wall with nothing but breath.

Move on? Can you tell everyone else that? If not, it's fine, I'm enjoying it greatly.

:)