Cardiff City's new signing Emiliano Sala - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cardiff City's new signing Emiliano Sala

15 hours ago, Chripper said:

Yeah, sorry about being snippy, I just thought you were trying to be a smartarse, but it's just how you post.

However, the Bible IS a load of complete nonsense. You don't have to have all the facts and details. Apparently Noah build an Arch big enough to store two of every animal, which is absurd for anyone to achieve, let alone a man of 600 years of age. That detail in itself makes it clear that it's a story book.

Keep an open mind kid.  Keep an open mind.

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, that's not what it says.

(Read it.)

Hey, we agree on something Bible related! Who'd have thought it. 😁

Most folk don't seem to get that the Old Testament is really not meant to be taken literally. 

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

I used to enjoy seeing Derek's hilarious facebook posts to SEM after he'd had a few cans. A hardman when thousands of miles away :lol: 

SEM? Why do you always assume that I've been pissed up whenever I've written anything online? I don't need a few cans in me to say what I think.

Having met you a few times, we all know that there's no danger of you ever being any sort of hardman, unless of course it's when you're tapping away on your phone...Remember that time you threatened to grass me up to the mods for call you a word that you didn't like!? I still have that message from you! 😂

Not to gang up on you Derek (then again we have descended to playground level here), but I don’t think I’ve ever seen parklife suggest he’s a hard-man.

:lol:

Argumentative, opinionated etc. but never seen him attempt to act like a hard man or offer out square goes.

1 hour ago, derekfaejapan said:

SEM? Why do you always assume that I've been pissed up whenever I've written anything online? I don't need a few cans in me to say what I think.

Because no fully-grown adult i have ever met has behaved as pathetically as you have. 

Maybe i've given you too much credit by giving you that excuse. 

Having met you a few times,

Have you? I have vague recollections that we've "met" maybe once or twice. And they've been very brief encounters. 

we all know that there's no danger of you ever being any sort of hardman, unless of course it's when you're tapping away on your phone...

Genuinely no idea what you mean. I'm sure it's hilarious though. 

Remember that time you threatened to grass me up to the mods for call you a word that you didn't like!? I still have that message from you! 😂

Nah, i don't mind that tbh. I'll take your word for it though. I'd imagine it was probably in response to all the sad wee grassing up you done about getting called a hun. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Not to gang up on you Derek (then again we have descended to playground level here), but I don’t think I’ve ever seen parklife suggest he’s a hard-man.

Argumentative, opinionated etc. but never seen him attempt to act like a hard man or offer out square goes.

Yeah, never profess to be a hardman. Unlike Delboy who arranges square-gos and doesn't show up :lol: 

16 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, that's not what it says.

(Read it.)

Oh. That's what it says. And yes, I read it before I posted it.

"All flesh in which is the breath of life, everything that is of the earth"

Must've been a big-ass boat! And how about space for the food and feaces? 

If you choose to take that book(s) as literal then I feel sorry for you.

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

This is the weirdest RIP thread I've ever read. You'd never have thought on p.1 we'd have had 6 pages, ending up at Noah's Ark. Could only happen here.

I usually (wrongfully) get the blame, but if you're looking for ground zero...

On 1/29/2019 at 9:14 AM, Chripper said:

I also said the Bible is a fairy-tale book...

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Hey, we agree on something Bible related! Who'd have thought it. 😁

We're actually not in agreement here.

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Most folk don't seem to get that the Old Testament is really not meant to be taken literally. 

Can you give any examples of some things that aren't literal?

4 hours ago, Chripper said:

Oh. That's what it says. And yes, I read it before I posted it.

"All flesh in which is the breath of life, everything that is of the earth"

When you read, read enough to at least grasp the context.

"Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive." Genesis 6:20

good rule of thumb is that if two things can breed together, then they are of the same created kind (like the zonkey, the zorse, the liger, the wholphin, etc.)

'Canine' (for example) would be a 'kind'.

The ark wouldn't have had to hold every animal (etc.) that we have today.

It would just have to hold the animals needed to supply the variety of animals that we have today.

Look at it like this... How many different colours are there?

Too many to count, correct?

Yet, they all come from the three primary colours.

Three to pretty much infinite.

It's the same with 'kinds'

Must've been a big-ass boat! 

It was...

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

(Think of a cubit as approx. 18 inches.)

noahs_ark-larger3.jpg?w=487&h=375

If you choose to take that book(s) as literal...

I take the literal parts as literal (and the story of Noah's ark is literal).

...then I feel sorry for you.

No problem. 

3 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Didn’t see anything wrong with the OP myself

That's because there's nothing wrong with it.

All I did wrong was point a withering finger of blame at the doorstep of Cardiff city... and then KABOOM! The TAMB volcano erupted.

So, either we have a dozen or so secret Cardiff fans in the house, a bunch of garden variety social media snowflakes who make it their lives work to be offended or a bunch of the same old faces who have a bit of dislike towards me.

The last two probably gets it 50/50.

I mean, God, someone made a (distasteful) "joke"  in this thread about Cardiff vs Leicester being "El Crashico" and it gets no reaction whatsoever. Meanwhile, I suggest that Cardiff might be liable as they green-lighted their record signing to fly around in a one engine light aircraft was made in 1984 and I get an unholy amount pelters.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 7:59 PM, sbcmfc said:

No worries, I know he's never suggested he's a hardman.

I've met the wee man twice, in Dublin and in London...He was alright (just shy/weird and not really talking to anyone).

A sufferer of Napoleon Complex.

The BBC story is absolute bollocks.

He was an adult, Im sure he could have figured out Sky Scanner. Footballers being mollycoddled is pathetic, him sending messages about not being happy with the plane before it took off is ridiculous, if he wasnt happy, Im sure he could have managed to find another way to get a hundred miles or so.

The blame culture here is pandering to idiots.