Cardiff City's new signing Emiliano Sala - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cardiff City's new signing Emiliano Sala

The light aircraft he was travelling in to sign for the club went down in the English channel.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/emiliano-sala-missing-plane-live-13890265

He looks like a nice lad. 

Personally I think Cardiff City have a lot to answer for. Why wasn't he on a private jet? Why not even a commercial airline? 

They're in the EPL, they can't afford an Easyjet ticket?

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

The light aircraft he was travelling in to sign for the club went down in the English channel.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/emiliano-sala-missing-plane-live-13890265

Personally I think Cardiff City have a lot to answer for. Why wasn't he on a private jet? Why not even a commercial airline? 

He had already signed for them, at the weekend. He was there player. This was him arriving to begin playing with them after tying up his loose ends at Nantes.

Im not an aviation expert but is there much difference between the plane he was travelling on and a private jet? I don’t know myself. 

I would imagine he wasn’t going commercially as I doubt there are many direct flights from Nantes to Cardiff, this was probably the most direct option of getting there. And would no doubt be far dearer than an EasyJet ticket.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Blaming Cardiff for this seems a bit of a stretch. For Christ sake, wait and see what details come out before jumping to such nonsense.

To be fair to me, a lot of Cardiff fans are blaming their own club for this.

It's a shame. Period.

8 minutes ago, macy37 said:

What a fucking stupid post. 

It was RIP post, in essence.

If you want to take cheap shots at me anywhere else on this forum, you're more than welcome, but for you to do it in a thread about a young man who has died, you're out of line.

And out of respect for the young lad, I won't be arguing on this thread.

If people want to shit all over this thread, go for it. I won't be biting.

RIP Emiliano Sala. 

Edited by Chripper

19 minutes ago, Chripper said:

To be fair to me, a lot of Cardiff fans are blaming their own club for this.

It's a shame. Period.

In that case Cardiff fans are fucking stupid as well. No more news on the incident and we're blaming the football club. Ridiculous.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

5 hours ago, Chripper said:

You've lost the plot.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

I am literally lost for words.

In, what is essentially a RIP thread about a young man, a man on the cusp of his dreams, and a man who looked like a really lovely lad. Certainly people have taken the opportunity to shit all over it, all because they have a personal dislike of me.

That is really, really low, and the people who have taken shots at me in this thread should be ashamed of themselves, as they've pretty much spat all over the young man.

Tell you what, those who have taken shots at me in this thread, why don't you PM me and tell me exactly what your grievances are. If not, I call cowardice.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You were the one posting utter nonsense. Don't take the huff when you're pulled up about it.

Yes, Posting a post about a young man who has died. What a stupid thing to do.

Let's see if you PM me, mate.

Edited by Chripper

10 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I am literally lost for words.

In, what is essentially a RIP thread about a young man, a man on the cusp of his dreams, and a man who looked like a really lovely lad. Certainly people have taken the opportunity to shit all over it, all because they have a personal dislike of me.

That is really, really low, and the people who have taken shots at me in this thread should be ashamed of themselves, as they've pretty much spat all over the young man.

Tell you what, those who have taken shots at me in this thread, why don't you PM me and tell me exactly what your grievances are. If not, I call cowardice.

You have to be at the wind up.

"Spat all over the young man"

"Cowardice"

"personal dislike"

Image result for drama queen

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Reading a report that he was texting his friends from the plane along the lines of ‘ I really dont feel safe, feels like the plane is falling apart’  😳 What a fucking nightmare

Seemingly said that if they don't hear from him within an hour or so then they'll know what's happened. Really hope the message was more in jest than anything else.