Where’s my £600 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where’s my £600

13 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Must have woken up with a tremendous amount of fear when he calmed down.

From the stories I've seen online they had only owed him the £600 from the Friday. Must have owed a tick bill to some shady bastards, or he's just a bit nuts.

Tick bill was exactly my thoughts!!!!!!

understandable in some ways 

I worked for a civil engineering company & the main contractor (1 man band)  screwed over the sub contractors, by not paying out the final stage payments which the ultimate customer had paid 

He effectively grabbed the cash and wrapped up his business

Company lost 200K (& at time our cash flow was struggling as well paying people 3-6 months late, so it was stressful for us as employees)

Only guys  who got paid timely were the  painters, who caught him onsite, and had him by the throat

I would have chipped in my own money for someone to beat him up 

Unless you work in construction it’s hard to imagine how shady some bosses in the game are,the subbie is always gettin screwed over. I’ve been bumped a few times and there’s fuck all you can really do about it. imo this guy had  probably had enough and probably had been waiting for the £600 for long enough after being promised time and again the money would be in his bank as I’ve had the same shite done to me . I actually thought at 1st good on u pal but then i heard his money was in the bank that morning 😂

Edited by jcs