U17 squad - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U17 squad

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:21 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

According to Chris McCart, he can only swap back once more. We'll never see him in a Scotland shirt again, unless England decide they don't want him

That's exactly my thinking, too. Didn't he captain England in a previous match? If so, that says to me that they are definitely going out to court him. 

It's entirely up to the lad. He wasn't born in Scotland so it's not like we can lay 100% claim to him, as we did with McGeady and McCarthy. I wouldn't be losing any sleep if Dembele chose England. In career terms it'll be more beneficial for him to choose England, because if he does develop into a top class player then he will be playing at World Cups and European Championships, whereas if he chose Scotland he would have every other summer off to enjoy a holiday. Plus not even taking into consideration endorsements and hikes in wages, etc.

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Was googling some of the names in the U17s and saw that the Norwich lad was 'scouted' by Scotland which struck me as interesting. They must have to do a hell of a lot of research into those players that aren't born in Scotland!  Is there a file on every youth player?

I think so. It would be relatively easy nowadays, what with the internet and everything.

6 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Was googling some of the names in the U17s and saw that the Norwich lad was 'scouted' by Scotland which struck me as interesting. They must have to do a hell of a lot of research into those players that aren't born in Scotland!  Is there a file on every youth player?

Wasn't it Mackay that contacted every pro club in England to find eligible young players?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Just stumbled across Rangers playing in a tournament against a team from Qatar or the like. They won 7-0 (although their opponents beat Bayern in an earlier match). A scrawny lad by the name of Alex Lowry came on and looked superb. Great touch and weight of pass. He’s played for our u16s. Bookmark.

and a very good finish from the lad in the semi final. They beat a Japanese team 5-1 (they’d just knocked out Real Madrid).  The Scottish players have been different class - Kai Kennedy another to look out for. 

On 2/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Just stumbled across Rangers playing in a tournament against a team from Qatar or the like. They won 7-0 (although their opponents beat Bayern in an earlier match). A scrawny lad by the name of Alex Lowry came on and looked superb. Great touch and weight of pass. He’s played for our u16s. Bookmark.

Rangers always awash with standout players at age group level who never get a chance in the first team unfortunately 

28 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Rangers always awash with standout players at age group level who never get a chance in the first team unfortunately 

No, the whole set up has changed beyond recognition. I’d imagine they’ll be a selling club. From a Scotland perspective it is extremely encouraging seeing the talent being produced. This tournament they’re in is quite a big deal it seems. Rangers play Roma in the final on Friday.

McRorie and Middleton are doing well in the first team as well to be fair, as is Allan McGregor!