Movies 2019 - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 7:27 AM, Mitre said:

I thought 1917 was basically a Gallipoli remake. Disappointing.

Gallipoli Woke...

- beneath hill 60 & bbc version of birdsong are my ww1 picks

could get all 'arthouse' with all quiet on western front & paths of glory etc.... but prefer above

= the documentary 'they must not grow old' i thought was outstanding tho

10 hours ago, dan cake said:

Avoid “the gentleman” like eh... the plague, a shit version of lock stock or snatch. Guy Ritchie appears to have turned into a crap Guy Ritchie tribute act

am not a huge guy ritchie fan at all but i actually loved it - i hated snatch - over hyped i thought

i saw lock/stock when it came out - was living london at the time ; in fact first night was by borough market - before it turned into a tourist trap - film was different for sure but still felt contrived - problem was a lot of geezers down there starting acting like that...

was in wh smith in wimbledon one lunch time - poor vinny was sitting at table by himself for his book signing - zero punters there - after he d been in the film - admittedly was during the week

On 4/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

am not a huge guy ritchie fan at all but i actually loved it - i hated snatch - over hyped i thought

i saw lock/stock when it came out - was living london at the time ; in fact first night was by borough market - before it turned into a tourist trap - film was different for sure but still felt contrived - problem was a lot of geezers down there starting acting like that...

was in wh smith in wimbledon one lunch time - poor vinny was sitting at table by himself for his book signing - zero punters there - after he d been in the film - admittedly was during the week

Went to see the gentleman in the cinema and thought it was brilliant. 

Watched Snatch last week and it was ok. 

Both far superior to the Tarantino hollywood pish I lost 3 hours watching at the Odeon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched the new Borat film. Not as good as the first but still pretty funny. If you didnt like the first one or dont like childish humour its probably not for you right enough. 
It does not paint Rudy Giuliani in a good light. 🤦‍♀️ Urgh. 

• 4 months later...

Can you imagine a flim in which there is some sort of virus that makes you lose your sense of smell, and taste.... and then hearing...? That means people walking the streets with masks... and then things get violent? Set in Glasgow, featuring Ewan Mcgregor and Ewen Bremner? Where has this firm been all the pandemic? Perfect Sense, had never seen nor even heard of it till today... truly a film for our times!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 1:59 PM, Fairbairn said:

Palm Springs is really good.  It's a "Groundhog Day" time-loop style thingy with a guy having to relive the same wedding again and again etc.  Quite funny in places and some really good performances from the 2 leads.

Saw that, quite amusing in places but i think the 99 guy is very marmite, 

On 4/16/2021 at 9:32 AM, dj mick said:

"Nobody" is great, starts off all serious thriller type then goes all bonkers guy ritchie type malarkey,, Thoroughly enjoyable.

Watched it last night. Loved it!

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The many saints of Newark is out in October.

I haven't looked forward to a film release like this for a long long time. For thos who don't know its a prequel film to the sopranos series

Seen a couple of trailer and it looks excellent.  I'd hoped to give The Sopranos a run through before it came out but never got round to it.

Just now, Fairbairn said:

Seen a couple of trailer and it looks excellent.  I'd hoped to give The Sopranos a run through before it came out but never got round to it.

I've whistler finished the sopranos for about the 10th time 🤣