Movies 2019 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

16 hours ago, The Ormond said:

I just watched Abducted In Plain Sight on Netflix. Holy hell! The craziest thing I have seen in a long time! Fucking parents are absolute cunts! 

Yanks are some seriously fucked up folk. 😳

Thats one strange weird sickening story. WTF is wrong with Americans.

On 4/21/2019 at 4:11 AM, The Ormond said:

I just watched Abducted In Plain Sight on Netflix. Holy hell! The craziest thing I have seen in a long time! Fucking parents are absolute cunts! 

Yanks are some seriously fucked up folk. 😳

13 hours ago, kumnio said:

Thats one strange weird sickening story. WTF is wrong with Americans.

Started to watch that... just under 22 mins in when the parent tells the story about how B took him on a drive and was complaining about needing relief... mind blown. 

Will watch the rest later but I am guessing this is going to one long journey on the crazy train. No spoilers please, I want the full impact of this lunacy as it unfolds..

7 hours ago, thplinth said:

Started to watch that... just under 22 mins in when the parent tells the story about how B took him on a drive and was complaining about needing relief... mind blown. 

Will watch the rest later but I am guessing this is going to one long journey on the crazy train. No spoilers please, I want the full impact of this lunacy as it unfolds..

That exact point is when I posted. It doesn’t get better. 

Nope cant see how you are doing that. It used to be fairly obvious but now I cant find anything for it. Apart from link, quote, code buttons and insert a smiley there is fuck all now apart from formatting options. Probably have the settings wrong. Fuck it who cares...

On 1/23/2019 at 7:56 AM, Fairbairn said:

Only seen 2 so far this year.  Stan and Ollie.  As others have said it's really good with 2 excellent performances by Steve Coogan and especially John C. Reilly.  It's quite refreshing to go and see a movie that is clearly aimed at adults due to the subject matter but has absolutely no sex, swearing or violence (unless you count Ollie kicking Stan up the arse!!).

Birdbox - Thriller with Sandra Bullock and John Malkovic.  Similar premise to A Quiet Place but flipped a bit in that people start violently committing suicide after seeing unknown objects/creatures.  The only way the can survive is to completely block their sight in the outside world.  As I say, similar premise to AQP however it's actually adapted from a book that was out in 2013.  I quiet enjoyed it and it does handle the tension of the characters not being able to see for large parts of the film quite well.

As you should, and I'm sure that those around you appreciated it.

54 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Nope cant see how you are doing that. It used to be fairly obvious but now I cant find anything for it. Apart from link, quote, code buttons and insert a smiley there is fuck all now apart from formatting options. Probably have the settings wrong. Fuck it who cares...

Square bracket with "spoiler" then Square brackets with / to end.

edit2 damn it spoilered it!!

so after much trial and error what works for me is typing... minus the quotation marks.

"

yourtexthere"

cheers phart.

(pretty sure it was a lot easier before but.)

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Just watched that abducted in plain site after reading this thread. 

Completely fucked. How naive were the parents? Beyond the pale. 

To even agree to a documentary is weird as well. 

The victim is now a Hollywood movie and tv star. Has been for a wee while. Explains why she wanted to flash it on tv for us all to see. 

3 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Just watched that abducted in plain site after reading this thread. 

Completely fucked. How naive were the parents? Beyond the pale. 

To even agree to a documentary is weird as well. 

It really was astonishing. Imagine tugging off the the guy who kidnapped and shagged your daughter and also shagged your wife. 😂 

USA USA USA 😳

Netflix really does have some decent documentaries. 

‘Murder Mountain’ about the Marijuana industry in California is good. ‘The legend of Cocaine Island’ is also good, the story of a likeable but rather dozy American going off in search of an alleged buried stash of coke. 😂 Bizarre story. 

2 hours ago, The Ormond said:

The victim is now a Hollywood movie and tv star. Has been for a wee while. Explains why she wanted to flash it on tv for us all to see. 

I noticed that afterwards, this is harsh but she seemed to enjoy talking about some of it, no such thing as bad exposure I guess in Hollywood. 

3 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I noticed that afterwards, this is harsh but she seemed to enjoy talking about some of it, no such thing as bad exposure I guess in Hollywood. 

I felt the same about her. Hellish what happened but it was as if she adored talking about herself. She really was acting like a Hollywood cow.

1 hour ago, The Ormond said:

I felt the same about her. Hellish what happened but it was as if she adored talking about herself. She really was acting like a Hollywood cow.

Also, even though she was young ( can’t recall what exact age) it did seem overly stupid her hoovering up that story about being kidnapped by aliens. 🙈 That said, considering her parents are batshit crazy its perhaps understandable she was a bit ‘mixed up’ even before she was nonced..

One of the funnier things about it IMO, was that aliens travel all the way to earth, but communicate to humans on a shitey tape. Is it too much to ask for fancy lights, or something cool, nah, here is a clapped out tape deck.