Winter weather thread. - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Winter weather thread.

21 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Aye but the golf course, it's quieter with more slopes too.

Ahhh good shout, I only got dragged to the bottom of the street at Jennys Well thankfully, and no kids, just my mrs and her pal and the dogs. 

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

25cm of snow on the way today, and I am on-call for ma work.. 😳

Yep, it's heading your way.

We had 20cm yesterday, and we're getting another 10cm today.

Got sick of shovelling, so just smashed the car through the wall of snow that the plough left at the end of my drive. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yep, it's heading your way.

We had 20cm yesterday, and we're getting another 10cm today.

Got sick of shovelling, so just smashed the car through the wall of snow that the plough left at the end of my drive. :lol:

Haha, I know how you feel mate. I shovelled the drive at 6am this mornin. Wife working from home, plow went and buried the end of my drive she just kindly told me, I'm just leaving ma work and have that to deal with when I get home...  Good old Canadian winters eh Scotty..😄

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

My daughter got chased by a wasp in Ikea car park today. A bloody wasp in February. 

Chased?

Essential shopping??

Probably the wasp I shooed out my heated garage for putting its mucky feet on my Ferrari.

Sorry, at two posts in a row I appear to be stalking you now :ph34r:

11 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Chased?

Essential shopping??

Probably the wasp I shooed out my heated garage for putting its mucky feet on my Ferrari.

Sorry, at two posts in a row I appear to be stalking you now :ph34r:

😂 its a pleasant change from being stalked by googly eyes. Though i suppose your eyes could have been googly too on a Friday night. Were you at Bonzo’s afternoon birthday tea? 

She works in Ikea to supplement her ‘poor student ‘ income. The staff need to take turns of standing in the car park explaining the click and collect process to all the ‘essential’ shoppers as they drive in.
She was out in the pishing rain yesterday with a colleague when they spotted a wasp and  he told her it had flown up the arm of her big orange high viz jacket. She went mental , flapping and running about trying to get her jacket off. 

It would be a bit unfortunate to be stung by a wasp in the rain in February. 

26 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 its a pleasant change from being stalked by googly eyes. Though i suppose your eyes could have been googly too on a Friday night. Were you at Bonzo’s afternoon birthday tea? 

She works in Ikea to supplement her ‘poor student ‘ income. The staff need to take turns of standing in the car park explaining the click and collect process to all the ‘essential’ shoppers as they drive in.
She was out in the pishing rain yesterday with a colleague when they spotted a wasp and  he told her it had flown up the arm of her big orange high viz jacket. She went mental , flapping and running about trying to get her jacket off. 

It would be a bit unfortunate to be stung by a wasp in the rain in February. 

Does gullibility run in you family?

This time last year I was cutting the grass. That's the only time I've ever needed to cut the grass in February. This year it's nowhere near needing cut. I think global warming has gone into reverse. It's amazing what a couple of lockdowns can do.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Does gullibility run in you family?

This time last year I was cutting the grass. That's the only time I've ever needed to cut the grass in February. This year it's nowhere near needing cut. I think global warming has gone into reverse. It's amazing what a couple of lockdowns can do.

😂 Wtf has grass got to do with it ?  If googly eyes were getting given to argumentative posters you would be the Queen Bee. 
She saw the wasp herself, it did exist,  she just didn’t see it go up her sleeve. 
Its roasting at the moment, its gone from -7 to +7 in a week. The only reason grass cant get cut as it so bloody wet. The wasps probably think spring has arrived. 

I remember you telling me that it was possible for butterflies to be alive in January, when I found one in our spare bedroom and thought it was a sign from my gran who had just passed away,  as she loved butterflies . 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 Wtf has grass got to do with it ?  If googly eyes were getting given to argumentative posters you would be the Queen Bee. 
She saw the wasp herself, it did exist,  she just didn’t see it go up her sleeve. 
Its roasting at the moment, its gone from -7 to +7 in a week. The only reason grass cant get cut as it so bloody wet. The wasps probably think spring has arrived. 

I remember you telling me that it was possible for butterflies to be alive in January, when I found one in our spare bedroom and thought it was a sign from my gran who had just passed away,  as she loved butterflies . 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I never argue with anybody.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

What a beautiful day 🌞 First time this year I have felt like spring will soon be upon us . That lone wasp in Ikea car park must have been ahead of the game. 
Things are getting better folks, I can feel it in ma waater. 🌻🌈🪴

Change is upon us now, I was at the tip today in shorts & tshirt 😀

Although not everyone will agree it’s for the better, river dee burst its banks today and this is the Paul Lawrie Golf Centre 😳

5EE7CF8F-B4F2-42D9-A79A-97C62208571C.jpeg

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

What a beautiful day 🌞 First time this year I have felt like spring will soon be upon us . That lone wasp in Ikea car park must have been ahead of the game. 
Things are getting better folks, I can feel it in ma waater. 🌻🌈🪴

Be careful there if there’s a wasp in your water! Better get Mr Tidy on the job with his bit of wood and pot of jam :)

20 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Change is upon us now, I was at the tip today in shorts & tshirt 😀

Although not everyone will agree it’s for the better, river dee burst its banks today and this is the Paul Lawrie Golf Centre 😳

5EE7CF8F-B4F2-42D9-A79A-97C62208571C.jpeg

Jeezo, that’s not so good. Oralloon will struggle to get that grass cut thats for sure. 

Good for you in your shorts and tshirt. Hell will freeze over before you see me in a pair shorts in public but I did open the windows. When the finest compliment your husband can you give is ‘ you have good strong knees , just like Mark Hughes’ you know your legs aren't your best asset. 

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Jeezo, that’s not so good. Oralloon will struggle to get that grass cut thats for sure. 

Good for you in your shorts and tshirt. Hell will freeze over before you see me in a pair shorts in public but I did open the windows. When the finest compliment your husband can you give is ‘ you have good strong knees , just like Mark Hughes’ you know your legs aren't your best asset. 

😂😂