Winter weather thread. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Winter weather thread.

Ottawa was coldest Capital city in world today. -35 with windchill. I have been working 18hr days on broken water pipes. It's fucking mental here. It's supposed to get worse. They are forecasting -49 with windchill  for Monday here. I see Scotland getting hit as well. Stay warm and stay safe my friends. I mean that. Is it true bigger storm hitting Scotland?  BR 1314.. 

I also hope folk post winter weather updates on this thread if need be with in the guidelines of the rules. . . I am not looking for a pat on the back, but we all know how dangerous roads and weather can be. I see it everyday in my job. Please stay warm and safe all of you.. 🙂

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Basic weather rules

If you can’t drive in the snow, don’t fucking drive, you’re just causing problems for everyone. 

Fine here, I’m golfing tomorrow, forecast for -2 to start them rising to zero by 9am, can’t wait. 

Totally agree mate. If you cannot handle driving in bad weather, don't. I see it everyday here, but some folk song have a choice unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Question now. Car batteries. In the cold weather in Scotland, do they die? I know in Ottawa cars have block heaters and you plug the car in when the temp drops. My SUV was stubborn this morning. -30 last night. 

🤷🏼‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No bother. Just curious that's all? I expect a full answer in the morning DD. 🤣

You’ll be waiting a long time, I know how to start my car and van, fill up petrol/diesel and screenwash. 

After that, I leave it to someone who knows what he’s talking about 😂

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 4:01 PM, wheres the pies said:

Was in zakopane Poland 2 years back in January  it’s in the tatra mountains very cold there minus 37 was like earnest Shackleton after half an hour in the cold fuck that  went back into the hotel hardly went out for the week that we where there  

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, WCTA said:

Bastardin’ November and it was -11C this morning. November is never this bad. Usually come Christmas it drops then works it’s way to -40C for 2-3 months but to be this cold already FFS. 

That's global warming for you.

Braw sunny day here.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, aaid said:

I see a BA flight made it from New York to London in under 5 hours today due to the tailwind.

Record for a subsonic flight.

A shame that the beautiful VC10 finally lost it.   Notable that the new record was by a 747 which is 'past it' now too, though still faster than current jets which fly slower to save fuel.   However, mostly down to the wind as you said.