Biggest Baws Award - 2018 - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Biggest Baws Award - 2018

😂

I'm enjoying the jabs at my expense, lads.

It's a sign that I'm doing something right, that so many people (who aren't/weren't even in this particular discussion) are going out of their way to sling arrows at me. It means that I have a permanent place in peoples minds, and that is really something that money can't buy. And the insults? Those are backhanded compliments, and they. are. delicious. :)

I'm interested to know what the next batch of insults will be, I think the methadone thing has runs its course, but then again, some people still rib me about my favouritism towards three at the back, and that's been a joke that's been running for about three months, so originality, thy name is not POF. ;)

I wonder who the first person to say that "Chripper's blown a fuse" or "This is a car crash of a thread" will be. A sure sign of "Gosh, this bullying isn't working on this guy, so we might as well deflect and make it look as if he's the one who is cringe-inducing." :)

10 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Chripper you’re a bumper 

Awww, thank you! 

Wait, is that an insult? 

If it's a compliment then thank you. If it's an insult then also thank you. :)

I'm not an attention seeker by any means, I'm a fly under the radar kinda guy and a definite introvert, but all this attention is very sweet. This is a very nice forum. :)

15 hours ago, phart said:

It's the social sciences that are trying to police words. 

I'm confused. I have qualifications in Social Sciences & worked in the field for years. I speak 3 languages: Broad Yorkshire, Double Dutch (I could count that as two) & Utter Bollox.

Half my teeth are missing & I'd be glad to see the back of the rest for the trouble they cause me. I used to have Police permission to handle methadone, but it looked revolting & so I was never tempted to sip a wee dram from the bottles.

I want to be really offended by something on here but I can't work out what.

22 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Don't change.

This is a serious question, Scotty, it's absolutely not supposed to be humourous in any way.

Were you coming onto me? The reason I ask if because you told me your name and you wanted me to see your photograph... I've been giving you a wide berth ever since. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay.

If you were, I'm straight and I have absolutely no intention of changing or experimenting. If you weren't, why did you tell me your name and why were you offering to show me your photograph? :shocked:

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

This is a serious question, Scotty, it's absolutely not supposed to be humourous in any way.

:lol: I very much doubt that.

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

...why did you tell me your name and why were you offering to show me your photograph? :shocked:

On 1/22/2019 at 8:35 AM, phart said:

Anonymous person uses message board to attack person by calling them a coward even though the person he mocks uses his own name on here and the accuser does not.

OK... back to the 'Biggest Baws' theme of the thread...

Barry Mayson was the former President of the South Carolina chapter of the Hell's Angels.

Barry found saving grace through Jesus Christ and preached the Word until his death in 2007.

Full sermon here...

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Chripper that's a quote from a 1935 Reader's Digest article, not anywhere in the works of the great philosopher. Just so you know.

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the head's up. :)

(I think this is the first time you've been civil towards me.)

27 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the head's up. :)

(I think this is the first time you've been civil towards me.)

I think it was a Rudard Kipling (Spelling) quote but it does sound like something l Fred would say.

16 minutes ago, phart said:

I think it was a Rudard Kipling (Spelling) quote but it does sound like something l Fred would say.

It was, I just looked it up. And now I've noticed that I've misspelt it on my signature... speller checker striker again!

And it does, which Is why I automatically thought that it was his quote. I've always liked that quote, too bad I didn't like it enough to check who coined it. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Might as well post this here

I bought this book a while ago but never got round to reading it... may have to give it a go now after seeing this wee film

https://www.amazon.com/Bible-Came-Arabia-Kamal-Salibi/dp/0330295195

Looks like there could be something to it from an archaeological perspective.

Edited by thplinth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...