Biggest Baws Award - 2018 - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Biggest Baws Award - 2018

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thanks for the kind comments Ramy. Awe, no bother Scotty. 

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Thanks for the kind comments, Ramy:ok:

(You gotta give me time to get back from 'Keep Picking 3' thread.)

WTF is going on here?!

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

Typo: Suggesting that "it" is me, and that yes, methadone has rotten my teeth. 

No, I never mentioned you.

I was asking generally as it reminded me of the only time someone who had been treated with methadone had opened their mouth wide (with their fingers) to show me their teeth.

About a dozen years ago, Ontario saw its' worst massacre in recent times when 8 bikers were 'executed'.

Someone I had bumped into (just after that) and was witnessing to (a lapsed 1% biker himself) gave me his story.

He had been approached to build back up that chapters numbers.

During the course of our conversation, he showed me the bullet hole where he had been shot and he showed me his teeth.

It was memorable (and I mentioned it because the subject came up).

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

It's awfully paranoid.

Well, considering I wasn't even thinking of you... ;)

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

I'd wager top money to suggest that he wouldn't say that to my face.

Scott is a cowardly, hypocritic classic keyboard warrior...

No... not a coward.

Ask around.

(Since we're on the 'Big Baws' thread, why not post your name, age, and location, as I have?)

My photos are on here some place as well.

11 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

No... not a coward.

Ask around.

(Since we're on the 'Big Baws' thread, why not post your name, age, and location, as I have?)

My photos are on here some place as well.

Fair enough, I may have presumed wrongly.

Why would I ask around? Ask around for what? Whether or not you're a coward?

No, you're a bible-thumper so I'm sure you're the new Mike Tyson.

(Yes. Why did you do that? I thought you were coming onto me)

Errr… OK. I'm not into that. Thanks, though.

17 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Fair enough, I may have presumed wrongly.

:ok:

17 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Why would I ask around? Ask around for what? Whether or not you're a coward?

Loads on here know me and know that I don't hide.

18 minutes ago, Chripper said:

No, you're a bible-thumper so I'm sure you're the new Mike Tyson.

One would have nothing to do with the other.

Using fast food containers to represent Chinese moon landings and referring to black Africans as Negroes is racist behaviour.  If you want to test this, walk in to a café or bar in a multi-ethnic part of a Canadian city and see how people of Chinese or African ethnicity react to it. 

25 minutes ago, Potted Heid said:

Using fast food containers to represent Chinese moon landings...

No, just illustrating how fake it is.

26 minutes ago, Potted Heid said:

...and referring to black Africans as Negroes is racist behaviour. 

It's not.

As has already been pointed out, it's how many refer to themselves.

(I love the vast diversity here in Toronto, and my church congregation looks like the United Nations. :) )

9 hours ago, Chripper said:

I don't care whether it was in the US Census or not.

It was clear to every sensible person here that he used the word in a provocative manner and he did it with the intention to belittle the demographic. But it's understandable, as he openly mocks drug addicts, too, so apparently he thinks he's better than a whole raft of human beings.

And when I ask for your opinion (which will be never) then you can chime in, until then you can pipe down.

First off you're going to find it impossible to police your "pipe down" policy. You just don't have any resources.

You've only been on the board a minute. Your main contribution appears to be that of a fantasist. Talking about sources close to Rogers when it was Delia in charge. So talking for "every sensible" person might be a stretch of the resources available to you.

I'm going to chime in whenever i want and you will do nothing about it.

10 hours ago, Chripper said:

Either way, you are a cowardly idiot.

Anonymous person uses message board to attack person by calling them a coward even though the person he mocks uses his own name on here and the accuser does not.

We've not had one like this for a while boys and girls, let's enjoy it while it lasts. Sorry that they've latched onto you Scotty, but if anyone is going  to enjoy persecution it would be you :P 

10 hours ago, Chripper said:

Someone asked me if methadone rots your teeth (For some yet unknown reason), you chimed in with 

Post pics or we'll have to assume they look like a row of vandalized gravestones (oh sorry is that mocking the dead)

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

He's a coward, though, who thinks it's funny to mock the less fortunate.

And the things that he alleged about me "my teeth looked as if they were treated by acid", ya know, because of all the methadone I'm taking. I'd wager top money to suggest that he wouldn't say that to my face.

Scott is a cowardly, hypocritic classic keyboard warrior who obviously doesn't practice what he preaches.

Are you less fortunate? What did the bad man say to you?

12 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

PZ hated 'Rangers' though.

Even hiding behind a username I would be shocked if he's big enough.

(Might involve having to admit something he's previously denied.)

It's not that I need help.

It's more along the lines of how any person of wit, intelligence and honesty could side with you.

('Chripper' chiming in should tell you something.)

I've argued with Scotty more times than anyone on here. So it's funny hearing i run to his aid. I just say what i think, sometimes it agrees with folk sometimes it doesn't.

1 hour ago, Potted Heid said:

Using fast food containers to represent Chinese moon landings and referring to black Africans as Negroes is racist behaviour.  If you want to test this, walk in to a café or bar in a multi-ethnic part of a Canadian city and see how people of Chinese or African ethnicity react to it. 

Nah he was referring to black Americans not Africans. 56,000 Black Americans self identified as negro, so they added it to the census.

If you study Forensic Anthropology you'll call everyone with a particular morphological and skeletal Negroids. It's the social sciences that are trying to police words. Hence why EM scientists get in trouble for talking about retardation and other weird human shit.

12 minutes ago, Potted Heid said:

No.  Originally it was a hypothetical man from Chad.  Then it was Black Americans who self-identify as Negro.  Context is important.  As is not taking words from scientific categories to describe groups of people.

Fair enough since the man didn't exist i discounted that and moved onto the reality as described previously.

Your last point makes no sense to me.

You also state " referring to black Africans as Negroes is racist behaviour" When it's a perfectly common taxonomy in anthropology. Plus Ancestors from there in their tens of thousands self identify that way. This absolute mindset with no nuance is just getting worse and worse. Pavlovian conditioning to sounds and not meanings. 

Edited by phart

On 1/21/2019 at 4:33 PM, Eisegerwind said:

Hard to believe you could get so much wrong in such a short post.

OK, lets break it down then...

On 1/21/2019 at 2:22 PM, phart said:

The US Census had "negro" as one of the 3 choices in a subsection the other being Black and African American. IRRELEVANT

0 for 1

It was included at the insistence of people who identified as negro. STILL IRRELEVANT

0 for 2

I know you don't like Scotty's beliefs... CHECK

1 for 3

...but following him about the board... INCORRECT

1 for 4

...through numerous banned incarnations... PHART HAS GIVEN YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT HERE

1 for 5

...to then mock outrage... INCORRECT

1 for 6

...and try and make him out to be a racist... INCORRECT

1 for 7

...is rather extreme don't you think? INCORRECT

1 for 8

You going to boil one of his family pets next, you tried to dox his job on here once as well. PHART CONCEDES HE MAY BE MISTAKEN 

1 for 9

So, as it turns out...not a lot correct for such a short post. FTFY

Edited by Eisegerwind

1 minute ago, Eisegerwind said:

OK, lets break it down then...

0 for 1

0 for 2

1 for 3

1 for 4

1 for 5

1 for 6

1 for 7

1 for 8

1 for 9

So, as it turns out...not a lot correct for such a short post. FTFY

we're marking it;s truth not it's relevance. Interesting that you need to move the goal posts to make your point.