Biggest Baws Award - 2018 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Biggest Baws Award - 2018

6 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

You saying that the kid is now a different species?

(Would be hard to deny that it wouldn't be after 'it's kind'.)

What does?

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-evolution-has-been-observed-249896

12 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Fuckin 'negro', meanwhile back in the 21st century, you're either at it or ..........

The term 'coloured' is frowned upon.

'Black' people aren't black.

Not all 'non-white' people are 'African' (and not all Africans are 'black').

It doesn't take much for some self-righteous individual with an axe to grind to call out another for not being 100% politically correct (as if they are perfect and nothing else could be more important).

I agree with this... The term 'negro' can be construed as offensive, inoffensive, or completely neutral, largely depending on the region where it is used.

What word do you use?

27 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The remaining bacteria didn't evolve, it just came to the fore.

It emerged as the sole surviving  bacteria from the killing off of the bacteria around it.

(And there was nothing 'natural' about its' 'selection'.)

14 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The term 'coloured' is frowned upon.

'Black' people aren't black.

Not all 'non-white' people are 'African' (and not all Africans are 'black').

It doesn't take much for some self-righteous individual with an axe to grind to call out another for not being 100% politically correct (as if they are perfect and nothing else could be more important).

I agree with this... The term 'negro' can be construed as offensive, inoffensive, or completely neutral, largely depending on the region where it is used.

What word do you use?

Agree 100%. I'd use 'black'. I'm in Scotland mind, a very white Scotland, the only time I've heard the word negro used recently is on'telly and most of the people using it, I would  judge as being cunts.

Edited by Eisegerwind

1 minute ago, Eisegerwind said:

Agree 100%. I'd use 'black'. 

So if we're referring to people by colours, is it OK to call a Chinese person 'yellow'?

Do you see the point?

(Actually, it doesn't matter because everyone else does.)

You would have jumped on me no matter what I said.

And why?

Because since you're doing such a poor job of trying to play the ball, you resort to trying to play the man.

BTW... I live in the most multi-cultural city in the world, and I'm a minority at work. 

(Just sayin'.)

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

So if we're referring to people by colours, is it OK to call a Chinese person 'yellow'?

Do you see the point?

(Actually, it doesn't matter because everyone else does.)

You would have jumped on me no matter what I said.

And why?

Because since you're doing such a poor job of trying to play the ball, you resort to trying to play the man.

BTW... I live in the most multi-cultural city in the world, and I'm a minority at work. 

(Just sayin'.)

No, I jumped on you cause you used the word, negro, a word I have never heard used for a black person for yonks, and I was guessing that you were using it as a wind up cause I am not 100% convinced that all this 'god bothering FE suff drivel' is genuine.

As far as referring to people by colour, is  it Ok? It's a minefield. I believe the current thinking is if the person being addressed finds it offensive or racsist it is, if they don't, it isn't.

19 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

You know exactly what I mean...

I don't.

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

...if the person being addressed finds it offensive or racsist..

56 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

(Keep in mind you weren't being addressed, then.)

45 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

...I am being addressed.

Not as a negro you're not.

29 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:
51 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

You know exactly what I mean...

I don't.

...if the person being addressed finds it offensive or racsist..

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

(Keep in mind you weren't being addressed, then.)

...I am being addressed.

Not as a negro you're not. 

You do.

I don't understand why you got upset because I referred to a made-up person from Chad (for illustration purposes) as a negro.

You can read about the 'United Negro College Fund' here... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNCF

Their commercials were always on the television over here, and their motto became one of the most recognised slogan's in advertising history.

Scott, you're on really dangerous ground here.

Do I think you're being racist? Well, you just used a term that wouldn't be out of place In an episode of "Till death us do part" or from the Jim Davidson playbook.. so I would say that yes, you are being racist, but not only are you being racial but you're trying to be intentionally provocative here with your choice of words.

If you genuinely can't believe why a person would be offended by your choice of phrase, no matter their ethnicity, then I would say that you're either playing dumb, you've just stepped out of the 70's or you're a racist.

Personally, after reading some of your cowardly and nasty jabs at me, I'd say that you are racist. No doubt about it.

11 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I don't understand why you got upset because I referred to a made-up person from Chad (for illustration purposes) as a negro.

You can read about the 'United Negro College Fund' here... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNCF

Their commercials were always on the television over here, and their motto became one of the most recognised slogan's in advertising history.

That's OK then.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The remaining bacteria didn't evolve, it just came to the fore.

It emerged as the sole surviving  bacteria from the killing off of the bacteria around it.

(And there was nothing 'natural' about its' 'selection'.)

No

What happens is when bacteria are exposed to cycles of antibiotics some of them lay dormant to survive the antibiotic attack.

Within days they evolve into a new adaptation which has developed a biological timer to survive the antibiotic exposure thus becoming immune

That's why you are told to finish the course or it will be pointless

Edited by Ally Bongo

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I pray for people that I don't know and/or have never met (and am never likely to meet).

It doesn't matter whether they know, or whether they like me.

(Sometimes I even pray for them by username. :wink2: )

So, you're saying that people are in the wrong if they presume something about you?

Yes, it's easy to be self-righteous and holier-than-thou, isn't it Scotty?

I mean, until you do exactly the same thing in the other thread that you're currently denouncing, when you called me "it" and you joked about my teeth looking like my "teeth were treated with acid", as a result of drug use.

So, it's perfectly alright to refer to drug addicts as "it", to completely dehumanize them and to mock them?

I'm not a drug user, never touched an illegal drug in my entire life, nor will I ever, but you saying that drug users are less than human beings, that is very offensive.

Edited by Chripper

17 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Fuckin 'negro', meanwhile back in the 21st century, you're either at it or ..........

The US Census had "negro" as one of the 3 choices in a subsection the other being Black and African American.

It was included at the insistence of people who identified as negro.

I know you don't like Scotty's beliefs but following him about the board through numerous banned incarnations to then mock outrage and try and make him out to be a racist is rather extreme don't you think? You going to boil one of his family pets next, you tried to dox his job on here once as well.

Edited by phart

16 hours ago, Chripper said:

Scott, you're on really dangerous ground here.

Do I think you're being racist? Well, you just used a term that wouldn't be out of place In an episode of "Till death us do part" or from the Jim Davidson playbook.. so I would say that yes, you are being racist, but not only are you being racial but you're trying to be intentionally provocative here with your choice of words.

It's in the 2010 US Census at the behest of people who want to identify thus.

By your logic they would be "self-hating negros"

but cause you've got limited knowledge you're happy to label someone a racist.

Lets see who has the character to apologise.

2 hours ago, phart said:

The US Census had "negro" as one of the 3 choices in a subsection the other being Black and African American.

It was included at the insistence of people who identified as negro.

I know you don't like Scotty's beliefs but following him about the board through numerous banned incarnations to then mock outrage and try and make him out to be a racist is rather extreme don't you think? You going to boil one of his family pets next, you tried to dox his job on here once as well.

Hard to believe you could get so much wrong in such a short post.

52 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Hard to believe you could get so much wrong in such a short post.

The category “Black, African Am., or Negro” was used in Census 2000, based on research in the late 1990’s that showed there was an older cohort of African-Americans who self-identified as “Negro.” Surprisingly, about 56,000 persons took the time to write in under the “some other race” category the word “Negro.” Above half of them were less than 45 years of age in 2000.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/blogs/director/2010/01/the-word-negro.html

So you like Scotty's beliefs? Are we meant to believe that?

That's 3 out of the 4 assertions proven without a doubt.

I guess we're relying on your personal honesty for the 4th one. So might have to concede that.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

The category “Black, African Am., or Negro” was used in Census 2000, based on research in the late 1990’s that showed there was an older cohort of African-Americans who self-identified as “Negro.” Surprisingly, about 56,000 persons took the time to write in under the “some other race” category the word “Negro.” Above half of them were less than 45 years of age in 2000.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/blogs/director/2010/01/the-word-negro.html

So you like Scotty's beliefs? Are we meant to believe that?

That's 3 out of the 4 assertions proven without a doubt.

I guess we're relying on your personal honesty for the 4th one. So might have to concede that.

I'd divided up your assertions slightly differently. I was going to go on a defence of my postion, however I don't think it's neccessary, I'll stand by my posts. However I'll say this for the umpteenth time I have only ever had one username on this forum, Eisegerwind, I have not had any previous incarnations, banned or not, and I have never attempted to 'dox' anyone.