The 2018-2019 Scottish Cup - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The 2018-2019 Scottish Cup

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ref has to give what he sees.  Should be rescinded though.  How many mistakes this season?  Must be a record.  Don't be thick enough to blame Rangers.  The refs are shite for everyone.

nothing to do with the dive ?

Having seen the red card incident on Sportscene its hardly the worst red I have ever seen. He definitely looked for the player and he definitely caught him . The Killie players dive at the pen probably made the ref call it correctly. As for the abuse that Clarke took during the game I fully support his comments after the game. I hope Gerrard and the club come out strongly day. I think the days of strict liability are coming as I don't think the police or the legal system can enforce the law effectively to deal with it. 

The Kilmarnock penalty would have been soft, seen them given but it’s hardly a stick on, you’d be ragin if it was given against you. 

Not sure about the red card. The rangers guy has made a complete meal of it but that’s the modern player unfortunately, daft raising and making any contact however light it was. 

I see premier sports have the dons v huns quarter final on their schedule, whats the script with this lot? Can you buy one off matches or cancel after a certain period?

Its fucking ridiculous that we've got 4 different tv channels screening our games

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I see premier sports have the dons v huns quarter final on their schedule, whats the script with this lot? Can you buy one off matches or cancel after a certain period?

Its fucking ridiculous that we've got 4 different tv channels screening our games

You can subscribe for a month then cancel, means you get to see a potential replay too (unless it clashes with the Champions League).

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

We've already had at least 2 added on by the compliance officer so I don't think the facts support your assertion. 

I think that backs up my assertion. But you still should have had more. 

Whether it’s institutional cheating, or your club just somehow benefits from bizarre decisions, it’s happened all season long. 

Edited by kumnio

17 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

If excessive force is applied.

Also if its accidental. If its deliberate, even minimal force or lack of contact can still be a red. 

Not seen a decent clip of last night's yet but from all accounts it was harsh. 

Having watched the highlights from a few angles I don't think the keeper can have too many complaints on the red.  He certainly gave the ref a decision to make and from one of the angles there is a clear movement from the elbow towards Kamara (who undoubtedly made the most of it).  Killie penalty could easily have been given although it would have been on the soft side.  I'd have been shouting for it at the other end.  Candeias should have been sent off.  And if Morelos could stop booting folk in the baws we'd be looking at £20M+ for him.  27 goals and 9 assists (only Messi and Mbappe have more goal involvements!) with no penalties is pretty impressive given how much football the daft bastard has missed.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

The likes of Allan McGregor would get sent off every game if the officials monitored what goalies do at every corner with the same scrutiny. It was  Kamara's theatrics that got Bachmann the red.

Bachmann got himself sent off 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Having seen the red card incident on Sportscene its hardly the worst red I have ever seen. He definitely looked for the player and he definitely caught him . The Killie players dive at the pen probably made the ref call it correctly. As for the abuse that Clarke took during the game I fully support his comments after the game. I hope Gerrard and the club come out strongly day. I think the days of strict liability are coming as I don't think the police or the legal system can enforce the law effectively to deal with it. 

bollocks, the killie player definitely dramatised his fall but that was a penalty

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

bollocks, the killie player definitely dramatised his fall but that was a penalty

That’s what my mate said but my first instinct when I seen it was “is that it” 50/50 at best, wouldn’t be happy if it was given against a team I support 

Total stitch up from the word go last night. Sending off was a complete and utter disgrace.

Delighted to see Clarke call that scum out for what they are. Sadly fuck all will be done about it.

On another note, Greg Kiltie who was stood in the Killie end last night was hit with a coin thrown from the home support. That's the 2nd Killie player in 4 days hit by a coin.

Charming.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Total stitch up from the word go last night. Sending off was a complete and utter disgrace.

Delighted to see Clarke call that scum out for what they are. Sadly fuck all will be done about it.

On another note, Greg Kiltie who was stood in the Killie end last night was hit with a coin thrown from the home support. That's the 2nd Killie player in 4 days hit by a coin.

Charming.

Didn't you get the memo Squirrel ?

They were simply "celebrating their culture" :rolleyes: