The 2018-2019 Scottish Cup - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The 2018-2019 Scottish Cup

Guest faircity
17 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It's great isn't it.  I am on the sofa with a peat fire on, a Glenlivet and listening to the wireless.  And from what I've saw Rangers are having a good game.

Peat is bad for the lumb. 

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Rangers were due a result like this though weren't they.  Should kick on now this will boost confidence.  Sure you will all agree ⛑️

They got a similar result in a game that was tight until a red card/penalty turned it in their favour against us. 👍🏻

Comparable, in terms of the quality of the refereeing, to the penalty against Haring in St Johnstone game in Perth earlier this season. It’s long since moved into the territory of the simply laughable now.

Edited by Pool Q

40 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ref has to give what he sees.  Should be rescinded though.  How many mistakes this season?  Must be a record.  Don't be thick enough to blame Rangers.  The refs are shite for everyone.

😂 i blame the cheating Hun that threw himself on to the ground. Cheating bastard 😂

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

😂 i blame the cheating Hun that threw himself on to the ground. Cheating bastard 😂

To be fair to the refs, antics like that don’t help them at all.

Clamp down on the histrionics and make their life a bit easier.

I’m not convinced VAR is the answer in Scotland, the cost to do it properly would be restrictive in my opinion. You’re talking another 3 officials, extra cameras, extra technology... you could be talking a 5 figure sum to have VAR at a game between Livi and Hamilton with less than 2000 fans. It would be about a 1/3rd of the gate money.

Guest faircity
13 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Seriously though, would you be so outraged if MacGregor was sent off for doing it ? Honest answer now...

Honest answer? It is a scandalous decision no matter who was on the receiving end.

Guest faircity
2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Has anyone actually seen the sending off incident ?

No, never seen it. Just guessing it was a dubious call. 

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

I doubt MacGregor would be given the benefit of the doubt if he was involved. 

I think he would by the ref, there’s at least 3 examples this season alone of him lashing out and getting the benefit of the doubt from the ref

Although admittedly one lead to a retrospective ban.

Guest faircity
3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I doubt MacGregor would be given the benefit of the doubt if he was involved. 

Man, he gets the benefit even when there is surely no doubt. 

Edited by faircity

45 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It's great isn't it.  I am on the sofa with a peat fire on, a Glenlivet and listening to the wireless.  And from what I've saw Rangers are having a good game.

Get a good picture on your radio do you 🤯

45 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

What would the reason be for the keeper to bring his left arm down as he knew Morelos was there, he probably knew he would act up at any contact? Not excusing him, just cannot see why the keeper needed to do that..

Loving all the sofa ref outrage 

Morelos? If people can't make out the players involved from the videos kicking around then they might not be the best angles to show the offence.