The 2018-2019 Scottish Cup - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The 2018-2019 Scottish Cup

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s already been proven that violent conduct is t a red card offence in this country, however in any other country, that is a stick on red card. Just can’t do that. 

Would a keeper be sent off in an Old Firm game for doing that?

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Chris Woods was sent off for a lot less. Admittedly he is English, so that's a bookable offence right away. 😉

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

You saw what Mcgregor did in the 1st one...

Those games are refereed differently (one of my many niggles).

With the new angle, I can see why he was sent off now, I still feel it was harsh, although I’m shifting a lot more blame to Bachman.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good. Fuck them 

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure they’d give you 10,000 at ibrox.

:lol:

Both points I’ve made with rabid Huns. One even said if we only give them 2,000 (50% of what they’re strictly allowed) we should only be allowed to sell 50% of what’s left and have 10,000 there, which would make it easier to police. 

He was deadly serious too 😂😂

I'm not entirely convinced that the Huns allocation has been reduced simply due to 'safety concerns' from Police Scotland.

I suspect wiggy is well aware of the unrest brewing, and has 'possibly' decided to go down this route to try and 'protect' the obvious.

I think......There will plenty of empty seats, enough are fed up and won't go.......

19 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

30 mile radius from Pitoddrie should fill that, no need for weegies to be there :D

Sad but true, plenty glory hunters around still. I wonder how many years of winning nothing it will take before they return to the levels of the early 80s? I imagine it will begin to drop off post 10 in a row.

21 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Sad but true, plenty glory hunters around still. I wonder how many years of winning nothing it will take before they return to the levels of the early 80s? I imagine it will begin to drop off post 10 in a row.

Yip. 10 in a row is going to absolutely shatter them. Same when Celtic overtake the dead club's titles. Expect tears, snotters and plenty of bear on bear violence.

It's going to be fucking beautiful

You can all thank me later 😂😂😂

Highlights include “we should get the big stand behind the goal”, “they should be banned from the competition” and my personal favourite “what’s the point of rules if they’re just gonna ignore them” 🙄

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That seems a fair enough allocation. That’s 10%.

Is there a 20% rule? 

There is, but......

The current safety certificate is for the away section as it is, which was upgraded after the of had their allocation cut 4 years ago and the fence on the halfway line was removed. A new certificate can’t be issued in 10 days for one game, a new fence built, them change it all again for the next home game. So it’s not, they’re getting what’s a suitable allocation and they think they have a god given right to 20%. Some were even quoting that should’ve been given 8,000 tickets 😂

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No problem. I had only seen the highlights on my phone too but just watched the lot on my laptop and I have to say the penalty shout was 50/50. If the Killie striker had gone down while Worrall was actually holding him he'd have got it. Because he waited Worrall let him go and then he went down. 

The red card was totally correct. Threw the elbow deliberately into Kamara's face. Hopefully someone pulls Stevie Clarke up about calling it a joke decision. He's dead wrong about that. 

And there's no challenge by Candeias on the highlights so can't say anything about that one. 

Aye? It wouldn't have been given if he'd gone down with a fkin knife sticking in him.

10 hours ago, aaid said:

If only there was a law or something that meant people could be prosecuted for it.   James Kelly is very quiet this week and for that at least we can be grateful.

Anyway, you're spot on that it's a societal rather than solely football thing.   Football though is where it comes to the fore.

In the same way that saw seats damaged at Rugby Park at the weekend, football offers some people an opportunity to behave in anti-social behaviour with apparent impunity as they are part of a crowd.

So something specific needs to happen with regards to football.   I think strict liability backed up with sanctions that will actually hurt, such as closing parts of the ground, games played behind closed doors, points deductions and the like is the only way that you will get the clubs to do anything other than pay lip service.     

I saw a comment on Twitter yesterday, that if Steve Clarke wants to do anything about it, perhaps he needs to talk to his board as they opposed strict liability being brought in.

I'm not where this starts and ends but its some form of vicious circle that sees people go "I'm a protestant, I support Rangers, I love the Queen & the monarchy, etc. etc." and the same thing on the other side.   Too many people just go for the whole package without thinking for themselves.

I'm sure all of us - at least those who live or lived in West and Central Scotland, know people who have extreme sectarian views, probably wear Rangers or Celtic tops all the time but haven't been anywhere near a church or a chapel or Ibrox or Parkhead in years.

It'll take generations to eradicate completely and maybe you never will but while you might not change people's views, you can stop them airing those in a football environment.

Maybe UEFA need to get involved here as there is fck all chance of the SFA having the balls to do any of that. Pity, as I doubt if you'd see a single repeat offence.

6 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Maybe UEFA need to get involved here as there is fck all chance of the SFA having the balls to do any of that. Pity, as I doubt if you'd see a single repeat offence.

As far as i'm aware the clubs would have to approve of any club responsibility for their fans where it would result in the likes of points deductions or playing behind closed doors 

But yes the SFA should be demanding it and then name and shame those that vote against it

Think UEFA can only get involved when it happens in European ties or their competitions and not domestic club fixtures - might be talking shite though

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

As far as i'm aware the clubs would have to approve of any club responsibility for their fans where it would result in the likes of points deductions or playing behind closed doors 

But yes the SFA should be demanding it and then name and shame those that vote against it

Think UEFA can only get involved when it happens in European ties or their competitions and not domestic club fixtures - might be talking shite though

I think you're right Ally but there's no point in name and shame thing as 10 of the 12 clubs voted against the strict liability type rules fairly recently, including Kilmarnock I believe.