Bologna airport to Rimini - San Marino v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bologna airport to Rimini

YORKIE PAM

I am wanting to do this trip but as a lone traveller I am a bit concerned about the transfer from Bologna airport to Rimini as it is 74 miles.

The transfers I have looked at are very expensive. How are others getting from Bologna airport to Rimini & back?

I am assuming that Bologna is the nearest airport to Rimini.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, YORKIE PAM said:

I am wanting to do this trip but as a lone traveller I am a bit concerned about the transfer from Bologna airport to Rimini as it is 74 miles.

The transfers I have looked at are very expensive. How are others getting from Bologna airport to Rimini & back?

Get the train...only one change at Bologna Centrale.....when do you arrive as I am sure others will be on the train at same time

5 hours ago, Leg-End said:

That’s my plan. I’m travelling alone too and hoping I can just jump on a train and pay on the day. Might look into booking ahead of time.

You can pay on the day for any train! If you travel on the Regional trains there is no advantage in booking in advance and no seat reservations! It’s only if you travel on one of the frecce (express) or intercity trains that there is any advantage in booking in advance! The Regional trains are a bit slower but only cost €9.85 each way!! Some of the faster trains can be up to €26.50 each way standard walk up price!! 

On 1/18/2019 at 9:38 PM, YORKIE PAM said:

Pam, I'm a big feartie who's travelling alone down from Astana. Rather than mess about with connections, I'm getting the coach as it leaves from the airport & goes right down to Rimini central station in about 90 mins, as far as I can see. Seems to cost €20 in advance, €25 on the day. Here's the timetable ...

https://www.shuttleriminibologna.it/en/departurebologna_winter/

Btw, live in Wetherby. Might be worth looking at travelling together, particularly for home games, as I often belt up on a flyer for the match on the day, & straight back down again. Someone to scream at me might save me falling asleep at the wheel. Again. Would PM you details if I had any idea how to. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, Mcstu said:

Is anyone is on the air France flight from Charles de Gaul arriving Bologna at 1720 looking to head to Rimini 

Our group have a bus booked and have a few extra seats if anyone is interested in sharing 

Yeah McStu, me and my son are on that flight. We were just planning on getting the train but how much is a seat on your bus ?

16 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Yeah McStu, me and my son are on that flight. We were just planning on getting the train but how much is a seat on your bus ?

Sorry Fugitive,  the bus company have been able to give us a smaller bus so we don't have any extra seats now

There is a shuttle bus leaves at 1830 direct to Rimini €15