Car crash - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If any of the occupants of the other car had been killed , especially the baby - I bet there would have been an immediate media blackout leading to revelations from foreign media sources. its already obvious how limited and controlled the media are in reporting what happened.

43 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Anyone else and they’d be looking to set an example by jailing the bastard

Exactly this. If it was me or you, we’d be looking at a dangerous driving charge with whatever the going rate is for that. And you have to go some to overturn an armoured Land Rover with, we’d assume, a security detail in front & behind. 

3 hours ago, irnbruman said:

If any of the occupants of the other car had been killed , especially the baby - I bet there would have been an immediate media blackout leading to revelations from foreign media sources. its already obvious how limited and controlled the media are in reporting what happened.

Probably and yes.

3 hours ago, bonzo said:

Never mind as long as the chooky embra is alright 🤬

So relatively are the others involved, so good.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Anyone else and they’d be looking to set an example by jailing the bastard

Only if they're the guilty party and they were proved to be driving dangerously, even then?

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

Wonder how much swally the auld cunt had in him  I see on ch4 news the night he’s took delivery of a new Range Rover at Sandringham 

None apparently.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What's the opinion on this over on FollowFollow and RangurzMeeja I wonder ?? :rollsmile:

?

29 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Apparently the other (innocent) driver was a filthy Tim. 

STAUNCH

?

And apparently we'd be keeping these peeps as the head of our independant country, cause we'd lose if we told them to fuck off.

Edited by Eisegerwind

Can’t believe it’s still the main news story on BBC, with Nicholas Witchell now giving us his expert analysis FFS.  Some old duffer who shouldn’t be driving has a crash. There’s much bigger stuff going on and this isn’t news.

5 minutes ago, neilser said:

Can’t believe it’s still the main news story on BBC, with Nicholas Witchell now giving us his expert analysis FFS.  Some old duffer who shouldn’t be driving has a crash. There’s much bigger stuff going on and this isn’t news.

Never thought I'd ever read that :-))

Anyway, just glad folks are not seriously hurt (if that is indeed the case), though first hearing I never heard about a second car at all.

Part of me wondered if there was a untraced white Fiat, on the basis that at the present point in time the U.K. desperately needs the royals to create a diversion from the real story and Megan’s baby is still months away.

Surely not though...

29 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Never thought I'd ever read that :-))

Prince Charlie himself was bang on when he called him an 'insufferable moron' (or words to that effect) when he forgot his mic was on during that skiing trip

56 minutes ago, neilser said:

Course it's news, if this does for him that's surely a minimun 1 day holiday off work, even Brexit or Donald Trump can't deliver that.

20 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Course it's news, if this does for him that's surely a minimun 1 day holiday off work, even Brexit or Donald Trump can't deliver that.

They say auld yins never recover after their first fall. Does the same apply to car crashes? 

I don't really care - but, the coverage of this in the Mail and the Sun is at best ... sloppy - they show pictures of him driving a Freelander2 today and claim this is the car he had delivered yesterday.... which was a Discovery sport (which they also have pics of and is clearly a different vehicle) - he couldn't have a new Freelander 2 if he wanted one  Royalty or not - they don't make them any more.

And in the picture saying he isn't wearing a belt - he quite cleary is wearing a belt (Daily Mail story) - they also have a pic claiming the Queen isn't wearing one in her Range Rover (you can't tell in that pic) - but in the Sun's coverage another pic clearly of the same car - you can see her wearing one.

The only thing these vehicles have in common is that they were made by Land Rover and are roughly the same colour.

None of the pics show anyone not wearing a seat belt - they either are at an angle where you can't tell or do actually quite clearly show the driver wearing the belt.

So a wonderfull example of the complete inability to report even the basic facts correctly - incompetence or malice ? it's really hard to tell with the mainstream media.

Oh, and the only reason I saw all this was the Mail and Sun storys are refrenced as the main sources on the BBC website.

So whatever you I or anyone else think of the Royals it is now an "established fact" that they drive without seatbelts.

Again the subjects here are of no interest to me - it's the reporting of it that strikes me the most... total misleading drivel.

9 hours ago, Lobey said:

I don't really care - but, the coverage of this in the Mail and the Sun is at best ... sloppy - they show pictures of him driving a Freelander2 today and claim this is the car he had delivered yesterday.... which was a Discovery sport (which they also have pics of and is clearly a different vehicle) - he couldn't have a new Freelander 2 if he wanted one  Royalty or not - they don't make them any more.

And in the picture saying he isn't wearing a belt - he quite cleary is wearing a belt (Daily Mail story) - they also have a pic claiming the Queen isn't wearing one in her Range Rover (you can't tell in that pic) - but in the Sun's coverage another pic clearly of the same car - you can see her wearing one.

The only thing these vehicles have in common is that they were made by Land Rover and are roughly the same colour.

None of the pics show anyone not wearing a seat belt - they either are at an angle where you can't tell or do actually quite clearly show the driver wearing the belt.

So a wonderfull example of the complete inability to report even the basic facts correctly - incompetence or malice ? it's really hard to tell with the mainstream media.

Oh, and the only reason I saw all this was the Mail and Sun storys are refrenced as the main sources on the BBC website.

So whatever you I or anyone else think of the Royals it is now an "established fact" that they drive without seatbelts.

Again the subjects here are of no interest to me - it's the reporting of it that strikes me the most... total misleading drivel.

If there's an accident of this nature, and aside from any injuries etc, don't the police attempt to establish the cause of the accident,  and was there someone to blame?  i don't recall anyone reporting this or even asking the question. (Or then again maybe it's all over the papers and social media and I just filtered it out)

And, what about insurance? Did His Majesty have to exchange telephone numbers (well he could hardly do a runner)? 

Edited by exile

Fannybaw's car will be some super reinforced RPG resistant 4WD supercharged roll caged motor as standard...  which would explain why a 97 year old is untouched and uncaring while whatever he casually hit is far more fecked up. 

Police apparently spoke to him after he was sighted 2 days later driving a new motor without a seat belt. Show me the arseholes that truly actually believe the police spoke to him.