Darren Fletcher (The coach) - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Darren Fletcher (The coach)

Chripper

Personally I would love for Darren Fletcher to be involved as a coach. He's bright, he's articulate, he's calm, he's obviously got a lot of tactical knowledge and more importantly he worked under the greatest of them all (Tony Pulls) so he must've learned so much and the things that Fletcher learned can't be taught in a classroom or reading a manual.

Fletch speaks so well and with so much articulation and common sense when he appears on Sky that I can only think that he'd be a valuable asset in the dressing room and on the training field.

Plus he's a fantastic professional and his good habits, and good advice, might rub off on our youngsters.

He'd jump at the chance of joining the coaching staff, and if that means letting Peter Grant or James McFadden go, I'm even more for it. If I had my way I'd bring in also bring in John Collins (for his Continental experience) as well as Fletch. My dream pick would be Fletch, Collins and Steve Clark, but that's not going to happen... Clark as manager.

Edited by Chripper

Was Pullis greater than Ferguson then I ask. I do agree that though that Fletcher would be a good coach. Mcleish is almost certain to remain manager for our next qualifying campaign unless things go horribly wrong in the first few matches, even then who knows.

10 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Was Pullis greater than Ferguson then I ask. I do agree that though that Fletcher would be a good coach. Mcleish is almost certain to remain manager for our next qualifying campaign unless things go horribly wrong in the first few matches, even then who knows.

I think the Pulis comment was a jape. 

10 hours ago, robbo cop said:

The Pulis thing was a joke. :)

Fletch's calming influence and general nous would be invaluable. I don't see what Peter Grant would bring, apart from collecting the cones... parking cones, not ice cream. 

13 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I think the Pulis comment was a jape. 

You got it! ;)

I certainly wouldn’t have a problem with Fletcher joining the set up but McLeish is hardly going to bin McFadden or Grant unless he has a fall out with one of them or something. 

I doubt there is budget or even need for another coach so he’ll need to be one for the future I think. I can see him being a successful club manager within a few years.