New Gillette Advert - caution - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Gillette Advert - caution

6 hours ago, Chripper said:

An example: I mention about having a novel published, a few days ago, someone joked about my writing a series akin to Enid Blyton's "The Famous five". Which is a rather funny send-up of my liking of 3/5 at the back. As a continuation of the jape I said that I'll write one called "A Bunch of Fives" and send it to him. I was then labelled a keyboard warrior. :lol:

It seems you took that really badly, me and the other guy were just joking as well. You ascribed a jovial nature to your own jokes while not ascribing the same to ours.

I would have explained at the time but you seemed so serious i just steered clear. However since you brought it up again...

2 minutes ago, phart said:

It seems you took that really badly, me and the other guy were just joking as well. You ascribed a jovial nature to your own jokes while not ascribing the same to ours.

I would have explained at the time but you seemed so serious i just steered clear. However since you brought it up again...

Nah, I assure you, t'was all in complete jest. Was just in a rush so I couldn't include the relevant smilie. :)

Joshing me for "3/5 at the back", I thought that I was transported all the way back to 2018. :P

1 hour ago, phart said:

Cynical as fuck. Got to love everyone sitting listening to Procter and Gamble preach morality.

Be the best you can be while we sell to South Africa during the apartheid.

They normally run PR cases whenever something comes up. Like when they polluted a Florida River or had to admit they did business with "repressive regimes".

This is just a simple psychological trick using a hook which is called "Identity Claims" While trying to monetise a pop culture movement. Just go and read about the Free Love/Hippie movement same happened there.

I don't think anyone is taking morality lessons from Proctor and Gamble and Im sure most people see it for what it is, a clever marketing campaign that will go 'viral' and ensure debate and exposure, good and bad.

However, for an organisation that primarily targets males to use that platform to encourage men to be a bit nicer, I don't see how that is necessarily a bad thing. It also really annoys and causes great upset for old right wingers who ironically never stop using terms like snowflake and triggered, which is a bonus.

23 minutes ago, Mox said:

I don't think anyone is taking morality lessons from Proctor and Gamble and Im sure most people see it for what it is, a clever marketing campaign that will go 'viral' and ensure debate and exposure, good and bad.

However, for an organisation that primarily targets males to use that platform to encourage men to be a bit nicer, I don't see how that is necessarily a bad thing. It also really annoys and causes great upset for old right wingers who ironically never stop using terms like snowflake and triggered, which is a bonus.

Who said anything about lessons?

We'll see how clever it is, remember Pepsi?

It's a cynical attempt to monetise a popular cultural movement. Encouraging men to be nicer is sort of so nebulous to have no value. So let's look at an example. Men when at BBQ's don't start junior fight clubs under the pretense boys will be boys. Is this actually a problem? I'm 39 I can genuinely never remember adults letting kids fight.

The best bit is your interest in it lies in hoping it annoys a group of people you don't like, which is a trait of toxic masculinity in itself. Try and be better :P

14 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’m not upset but it’s a shite advert 

Well, it seemed to get your attention. Which is what ads are designed to do. And thanks to you, that's the first ad I've seen on the TAMB for ages. Stop doing their job for them.;)

9 hours ago, Chripper said:

This is what people are getting so hot under-the-collar about?

A commercial where it says that men should aspire to be better human beings? Wow... topical...

This social-media snowflake generation should really get a hobby, I mean, apart from feeling faux outrage over EVERY SINGLE mundane thing.

I'm so glad that I have no social network footprint.

I don't think you're fully grasping who is getting outraged over this advert. It's not your average millennial, it's middle aged blokes like Piers Morgan. You're average social media snowflake generation is fine with the advert.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

Does your average millennial even have to shave, i mean apart from the women.

Anyone notice the weird race angle as well. I saw this in one of the comments. Gillette commercial: 43 males exhibit "undesirable" behavior, 42 white, 1 black. 7 males exhibit "desirable" behavior, 5 black, 2 white. 

They are ticking all their boxes on this one.

9 hours ago, Chripper said:

My advice to this generation would be: delete your social media, put down your devices and watch a few hours of George Carlin.

My advice to you would be to stop trying to put folk down based on their age. 

I now have this arsehole sending me wank PM's on top of his wank posts on here.

Is that a dig at me?

Dude, just because you have more than 6 thousand posts (And I'm the loony weirdo) in this place it doesn't mean that you own it.

If you have a problem with my opinions, here's a thought, engage your brain (I assume that you have one), and try to construct a rebuttal. Failing to do so and being lazy as to call me a "weirdo" or/and a "loony" throws a negative shade on you. You're better than that.

Because really, dissing me on the forum and talking about me, as opposed to me, kinda makes you look like a bit of a wimp.

Have a happy and a healthy. :)

Anyone else been a recipient of one of these? Post them up let's do a comparison. 

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I now have this arsehole sending me wank PM's on top of his wank posts on here.

Anyone else been a recipient of one of these? Post them up let's do a comparison. 

I guess we know who is really "beelin". Writing passive aggressive letters to you and then hoping you have a happy and healthy lol

1 hour ago, phart said:

I guess we know who is really "beelin". Writing passive aggressive letters to you and then hoping you have a happy and healthy lol

Different one. If it had been this one you would have been able to feel the flecks of rage spittle hitting your face as you read the PM.

14 hours ago, Chripper said:

snowflake generation

🙈 definitely one for the wanky phrases thread.

Where did this ‘snowflake’ nonsense spring from ?  Its usually used liberally by rampant bellends ( no offence )

As far as the add goes, its a pile of cringeworthy dog shit, not unlike a good few other adverts to be fair,

Edited by Jim Beem

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

My advice to you would be to stop trying to put folk down based on their age. 

When did I mention age?

"This generation" is pretty much people alive in this generation. :)

I get your point, though, what I actually mean is "society"

Edited by Chripper