New Gillette Advert - caution - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Gillette Advert - caution

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

An advert by wanks for wanks. Seems to have hit its targeted demographic perfectly.

Catastrophe for their hugely over priced razor blades / brand but.

There he is right on queue, beeling absolutely beeling, great to see.

Just listen to the opening few seconds they say metoo and also toxic masculinity (but the toxic part they hushed slightly) and then it goes straight to their signature brand with the words printed (and on audio) with "Is this" added subtly before it.... (Is this) The Best A Man Can Get.

I mean wow. I cannot think of a way to utterly fuck a brand that was so many many decades in the building like that... it is commercial poison. 

But it is P&G so popcorn time.  No way the real Gillette would ever have done this before they were took over not that long ago by P&G. This is madness. 

The comments on that youtube video are overwhelmingly negative and lots of accusations of mass deletions and fake likes... it is carnage for Gillette. 

edit: every video of the ad is a link back to Gillette's official youtube site so if they did alter the original advert PIAK it would have changed on almost all sites but I would hope someone somewhere copied the original if different and it will surface. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

There he is right on queue, beeling absolutely beeling, great to see.

eh? who even replied to you. get over yourself. this is big news all over the world. but funny you self identify as a 'wank' obviously. guilty conscience needs no accuser. 

Edited by thplinth

This is what people are getting so hot under-the-collar about?

A commercial where it says that men should aspire to be better human beings? Wow... topical...

This social-media snowflake generation should really get a hobby, I mean, apart from feeling faux outrage over EVERY SINGLE mundane thing.

I'm so glad that I have no social network footprint.

45 minutes ago, Chripper said:

This is what people are getting so hot under-the-collar about?

A commercial where it says that men should aspire to be better human beings? Wow... topical...

This social-media snowflake generation should really get a hobby, I mean, apart from feeling faux outrage over EVERY SINGLE mundane thing.

I'm so glad that I have no social network footprint.

An example: I mention about having a novel published, a few days ago, someone joked about my writing a series akin to Enid Blyton's "The Famous five". Which is a rather funny send-up of my liking of 3/5 at the back. As a continuation of the jape I said that I'll write one called "A Bunch of Fives" and send it to him. I was then labelled a keyboard warrior. :lol:

God knows what the reaction would be if I said something about "5x5", I'd probably be accused of mocking the military and the strength of their radio signal. :P

It would appear that I'm somehow stuck in a episode of Twilight Zone episode called "The REAL Mary Whitehouse experience".

:P

My advice to this generation would be: delete your social media, put down your devices and watch a few hours of George Carlin.

You know how you have read about a lot of money being put into shaping public opinion by creating a lot of false identities on opinion forming websites / forums and the like to push minging chat like a loony weirdo who pretends to be genuine poster... well I am sure that is not happening here. Nope.

Edited by thplinth

14 minutes ago, Chripper said:

An example: I mention about having a novel published, a few days ago, someone joked about my writing a series akin to Enid Blyton's "The Famous five". Which is a rather funny send-up of my liking of 3/5 at the back. As a continuation of the jape I said that I'll write one called "A Bunch of Fives" and send it to him. I was then labelled a keyboard warrior. :lol:

God knows what the reaction would be if I said something about "5x5", I'd probably be accused of mocking the military and the strength of their radio signal. :P

It would appear that I'm somehow stuck in a episode of Twilight Zone episode called "The REAL Mary Whitehouse experience".

:P

My advice to this generation would be: delete your social media, put down your devices and watch a few hours of George Carlin.

Carlin would have a field day with this ad 

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You know how you have read about a lot of money being put into shaping public opinion by creating a lot of false identities on opinion forming websites / forums and the like to push minging chat like a loony weirdo who pretends to be genuine poster... well I am sure that is not happening here. Nope.

Are you referring to me?

Mate, if you have anything to say send me a PM. :)

Oh wait, are you one those people who need an audience? 

Cynical as fuck. Got to love everyone sitting listening to Procter and Gamble preach morality.

Be the best you can be while we sell to South Africa during the apartheid.

They normally run PR cases whenever something comes up. Like when they polluted a Florida River or had to admit they did business with "repressive regimes".

This is just a simple psychological trick using a hook which is called "Identity Claims" While trying to monetise a pop culture movement. Just go and read about the Free Love/Hippie movement same happened there.

I've been looking for the definition of Toxic Masculinity and it's not even a defined term but a series of opinions of what it is. It's a sub-set of hegemonic masculinity which is the product of much criticism and revision as it's seen as far too simple.

11 minutes ago, phart said:

Cynical as fuck. Got to love everyone sitting listening to Procter and Gamble preach morality.

Be the best you can be while we sell to South Africa during the apartheid.

They normally run PR cases whenever something comes up. Like when they polluted a Florida River or had to admit they did business with "repressive regimes".

This is just a simple psychological trick using a hook which is called "Identity Claims" While trying to monetise a pop culture movement. Just go and read about the Free Love/Hippie movement same happened there.

Spot on.