Hi all, I'd just like to bring my Scotland podcast to the attention of fellow fans. I hope this post is allowed, apologies if it goes against any rules of the forum.

It's called The Hampden Roar and I've been interviewing former players, and so far one manager, about their international careers. I've got 9 episodes online and have some more good guests lined up over the coming months.

Kenny Miller, Gary Caldwell, Stephen McManus, Paul Lambert, Ian Murray, Jim McCalliog, Murdo McLeod and Craig Brown episodes are all online. Part two of my interview with Kenny Miller will be out this week.

The host website with episodes is called Audioboom and can be found here https://audioboom.com/channels/4969604

It's also on iTunes, Spotify and Google podcasts if those platforms suit any potential listeners better.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope that anyone that gives it a go enjoys it. Cheers, Andy.

An enjoyable listen :ok:. I would like to hear more.

Just putting this out there - do you think there is any chance you could get in touch with the family of Bobby Brown and see if he would like to be interviewed ? 

Obviously he is a very old man now (96 this March) and I admittedly don't know what his health is like but it would be amazing to hear him talk at length of his memories of playing for and managing Scotland if he was up for it.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Highly recommend these podcasts 

I enjoyed Craig Brown part 1, I didn't know about Traynor's grudge against Brown but its not surprising considering Jim Traynor is pond life. I also didn't know that there was a rumour about Dalglish not being injured in 86 but that he'd gone in the huff because fergie never picked Hansen. I can only imagine the outcry nowdays if that happened and rightly so if there was truth in it. 

Was it ever confirmed whether Dalglish was actually injured or in the huff?

After listening to it you have to wonder what the fuck happened to us, confidence gone, passion diluted and barely any talent coming through for years

Edited by vanderark14

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Highly recommend these podcasts 

I enjoyed Craig Brown part 1, I didn't know about Traynor's grudge against Brown but its not surprising considering Jim Traynor is pond life. I also didn't know that there was a rumour about Dalglish not being injured in 86 but that he'd gone in the huff because fergie never picked Hansen. I can only imagine the outcry nowdays if that happened and rightly so if there was truth in it. 

Was it ever confirmed whether Dalglish was actually injured or in the huff?

After listening to it you have to wonder what the fuck happened to us, confidence gone, passion diluted and barely any talent coming through for years

It was a good listen and i’ve certainly heard the Dalglish rumour. I think Brown was a bit pessimistic about our current players. Stuart Armstrong is a better player than Craig Burley for example, but he certainly had some good players at his disposal, albeit most weren’t as good as those Roxburgh and Stein had. 

On 1/18/2019 at 1:29 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

An enjoyable listen :ok:. I would like to hear more.

Just putting this out there - do you think there is any chance you could get in touch with the family of Bobby Brown and see if he would like to be interviewed ? 

Obviously he is a very old man now (96 this March) and I admittedly don't know what his health is like but it would be amazing to hear him talk at length of his memories of playing for and managing Scotland if he was up for it.

That's not one I'd considered but I agree it would be great to hear his memories. I'll look into the possibility of it!

Thanks for the kind feedback to all! This week's episode with Billy Dodds is now online on Audioboom, itunes and spotify. I'm glad people are enjoying the interviews and don't hesitate to spread the word - its much appreciated!

Any requests or ideas for guests feel free to leave a comment and I'll see what I can do.

Andy.

Hi hampdenroarpod,

Loving the pod casts so far up to Kenny Miller, started listening to it last Tuesday and not listened to the radio in the car since, I hope you continue to post more and hopefully a pre Kazakhstan/San Marino discussion when the squad is announced to and pod to discuss what has went on in these games???

Keep up the good work very enjoyable listening.

Would love a pod with, Ally McCoist or Steven Presley or David Weir. as stated above would love a pod to discuss squad announcements, performance etc even if it was just a couple of your mates or past players.

Just finished the Kenny Miller podcast. He was very passionate about playing for Scotland, I would have him in and around the players, he would have ran through a brick wall for Scotland. 

On 2/6/2019 at 6:09 PM, Mushet84 said:

Hi hampdenroarpod,

Loving the pod casts so far up to Kenny Miller, started listening to it last Tuesday and not listened to the radio in the car since, I hope you continue to post more and hopefully a pre Kazakhstan/San Marino discussion when the squad is announced to and pod to discuss what has went on in these games???

Keep up the good work very enjoyable listening.

Would love a pod with, Ally McCoist or Steven Presley or David Weir. as stated above would love a pod to discuss squad announcements, performance etc even if it was just a couple of your mates or past players.

Good suggestions, would really enjoy speaking to all of them. I'll see what I can do with regards to getting in touch with them.

Also, yes, I'll be doing pre and post match podcasts throughout the qualifiers. Probably as you say when the squad is announced and then a day or so after the game. Glad you're enjoying the podcasts! 

I love your show, I am so excited when I see there's a new episode.  I really enjoyed listening to Billy Dodd's and the latest one with Archie MacPherson.