Corners - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, Fish Supper said:

Similar to everyone shouting for a shy, goal etcwhen the whole of the ball has not crossed the line.

Annoys me how often throw ins etc. are given when the whole ball hasn’t crossed the line.

In the case of a corner, I never get the need to steal 10 inches... some players obviously do it to wind up opposition fans at the corner, but I’d imagine at a corner the difference is pretty negligible.

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

As others have said, the whole of the ball must be outside the quadrant, otherwise it is fine. No part of the ball has to be physically  touching the line

Yeah, visually the ball needs to be touching the line, but I know what you mean.

I went & had a look at the rule on this & all it says is that the ball must be in the corner area. I suppose the 'whole of the ball crossing the whole of the line' rule must apply without it being expressly stated?

It's one of those things though that seems to have crept into the modern game. Although given that most corners I ever see either fail to beat the first man or sail over everyone, it's hard to see how it's giving any meaningful advantage.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:07 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Eh????

Reading back I can see the confusion but what I said is correct. The ball is placed correctly for a corner if any part of the ball is above the corner area. It doesn't need to be touching the line