38 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's putting up a hell of a fight just now in Oz.

Atmosphere is unreal.

all square now.

45 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Well he certainly went out fighting :)

I watched the last set, after the double break you could tell he was done and he was about to lose on his service, but once the rallies started he couldn't help himself and managed to keep serve.

Murray is one of the most "human" champions ever for me, been far from a perfect journey but that makes the highs all the better.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, phart said:

Murray is one of the most "human" champions ever for me, been far from a perfect journey but that makes the highs all the better.

Definitely. Chris Evert called him the "People's Champion" and (despite it being a bit cheesy) you can understand what she means when she says that. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Definitely. Chris Evert called him the "People's Champion" and (despite it being a bit cheesy) you can understand what she means when she says that. 

Amazing effort today from him but.....you have to wonder what good that operation has done him. From watching him today I'd say his hip is as bad as ever?

When we lost ti Macedonia in Skopje ..remember everyone being a bit flat back in the city centre pubs..then Murray was beating Nadal in the US open ..cue the "we're only here fur the tennis "..brilliant bloke with a typically Scottish sense of humour that the English dont quite get.

14 hours ago, irnbruman said:

When we lost ti Macedonia in Skopje ..remember everyone being a bit flat back in the city centre pubs..then Murray was beating Nadal in the US open ..cue the "we're only here fur the tennis "..brilliant bloke with a typically Scottish sense of humour that the English dont quite get.

Aye, pubs were bouncing during that game.

I watched the final in a hotel at Stansted on my way from Macedonia to Iceland!