Karamoko Dembele - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Karamoko Dembele

Chripper

14 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

No, not new to football. Been watching, playing and following football for 45 years. Comments like this just make you look petty with a sad attitude but if that floats your boat then carry on.

Sad because I don’t get excited by a Celtic and England youth player? Aye that makes sense.

maybe stick to the mighty Celtic thread with this nonsense.

Some will scoff at this but if he's still genuinely undecided, Clarke or whoever is the new manager should pick him for Cyprus and give him 5 mins at the end. A punt I know but what have we got to lose? Wales pick 16/17 year olds why can't we. All irrelevant of course if he's already decided on England in which case he can do one.

Edited by JECK

27 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

No, not new to football. Been watching, playing and following football for 45 years. Comments like this just make you look petty with a sad attitude but if that floats your boat then carry on.

It's not petty or sad, clearly he isn't interested in seeing a young Celtic player who will represent England have a good career, as an Aberdeen and Scotland fan that is natural. Nobody wants their rivals players to do well 

13 minutes ago, JECK said:

Some will scoff at this but if he's still genuinely undecided, Clarke or whoever is the new manager should pick him for Cyprus and give him 5 mins at the end. A punt I know but what have we got to lose? Wales pick 16/17 year olds why can't we. All irrelevant of course if he's already decided on England in which case he can do one.

Yeh I would be up for this, it will force the young guy to make a decision and will put the whole situation to bed. 

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Sad because I don’t get excited by a Celtic and England youth player? Aye that makes sense.

Hoping a young boy, no matter who he play's for, flops in his career is sad IMO but as i said earlier respect your opinion. We will need to agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Hoping a young boy, no matter who he play's for, flops in his career is sad IMO but as i said earlier respect your opinion. We will need to agree to disagree.

Spare the moral high ground shite. Hoping his career flops is natural because I don’t want to see Celtic or England benefit from another great player. 

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Fuck sake man. Get a grip. Did you sign him to a future with England??  Folk are allowed opinions. 

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck sake man. Get a grip. Did you sign him to a future with England??  Folk are allowed opinions. 

People are allowed opinions, absolutely correct. I respect any opinion on here but I also have the right to respond when someone calls me sad or a cunt. Perhaps you should pay attention before replying.

8 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh I would be up for this, it will force the young guy to make a decision and will put the whole situation to bed. 

It'll just help give the whole thing a boost, new manager, a potentially terrific young player for the future. Build some momentum back 

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

People are allowed opinions, absolutely correct. I respect any opinion on here but I also have the right to respond when someone calls me sad or a cunt. Perhaps you should pay attention before replying.

When did I call you dad or a cunt? No me pal. 

36 minutes ago, JECK said:

I don’t agree with this. 

Capping young boys who don’t merit a cap to trap them is out of order in my opinion. 

Teenagers change their minds at the drop of a hat and if we cap him and he then decides later on that he’d have preferred England he’ll only end up resenting Scotland.   

I am all for picking young players who are good enough though. 

24 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That would be a good trick. 

He's been playing for both youth set ups for a couple of years now, I could've missed it but I'm not aware he's stated a preference so far. 

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

He's been playing for both youth set ups for a couple of years now, I could've missed it but I'm not aware he's stated a preference so far. 

Not exactly. You can’t play for more than one country at the same time.

He’s swapped from Scotland to England, back to Scotland and has now moved back to England. 

I think he can swap back one more time but I can’t see him doing it. All this wouldn’t affect his senior career of course so he could still play for us in future if he doesn’t make it with England. We’ve had lots of their sloppy seconds over the years. 

I found it strange a few weeks back, the amount of Celtic fans going onto Twitter to congratulate him on making 'the right decision' with sticking with England. Don't they realise this will accelerate his leaving of Celtic. I'm sure there have been some coaches there who would have been having words with him to get down south to have a chance furthering his England career

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I thought you had to make something like 10 appearances before you qualified for a medal?

Apparently ten appearances, but if the club doesn’t have 25 players they still get 25 medals that they can allocate however they want (Maryan Shved got one, and he has not kicked a ball for Celtic yet)