Sign in to follow this  
Chripper

Karamoko Dembele

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Got to say that I disagree  with that. I think the blood line and upbringing is very important. If a Scottish couple or a Scottish man married to an English woman move to England and have a son they can say their child is 100% Scottish. If that "Scottish child" has a child and is part of that family and it's culture then as far as I can see that child has every right to see them selves or be seen as Scottish.

Doubt the Mcs never saw themselves as any thing other than Irish despite their place of birth.

It's been put down that age should have nothing to do with the final decision, as far as I am concerned there should at least be a minimum age put in place for a child to decide their nationality. Only being asked to play for a country at full level and refusing to means you can not be a certain nationality.

Place of birth to me is the least important factor, but the most convenient to use, which is why is was just about ?always the rule used in the past

Well when you put it like that.... Lol I think I may have just changed my opinion on it, never really thought about it as deeply as that before. Suppose there could potentially be a time when that situation arises. I would say probably more often than not though that is not the case, and it is the case that players are either a) just not good enough to play for their first choice country so play to the rules to pick another country or b) make an un educated decision after being brought up in the narrow minded world of the Glasgow old firm goldfish bowl and pick Ireland coz I'm a Celtic fan n my grandads Irish, which I genuinely believe to be the case with McGeady certainly

12 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I suggested that last year and got dogs abuse for it.

Aye But......... We didnae play San Marino last year!!!! 😀👍😀😉👍

Edited by stocky

End of the day I think we're putting far too much stock into whether or not a 15 year old kid will choose to play for us internationally. If we are so keen to rely on one player in such a lengthy discussion then we are having problems!

Of course he will be in the spotlight as he matures into senior football but let's see how things develop.

Can't help but consider the Islam Feruz example - now 23 years old with 23 senior loan appearances and 0 goals across 3 years and now relatively unheard of. Can only be left disappointed when we sensationalise young talent.

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

End of the day I think we're putting far too much stock into whether or not a 15 year old kid will choose to play for us internationally. If we are so keen to rely on one player in such a lengthy discussion then we are having problems!

Of course he will be in the spotlight as he matures into senior football but let's see how things develop.

Can't help but consider the Islam Feruz example - now 23 years old with 23 senior loan appearances and 0 goals across 3 years and now relatively unheard of. Can only be left disappointed when we sensationalise young talent.

Agree with this.

Our team should currently be World class with Fleck, Gauld, Feruz and Harper destroying everyone in their path.  

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Agree with this.

Our team should currently be World class with Fleck, Gauld, Feruz and Harper destroying everyone in their path.  

Not to stir the pot but Fleck has come onto a game recently :p

14 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Aye....    Simon Donnelly, eoin Jess.....    both called the new Kenny Dalglish....  eh, naw.

Simon Donnelly wasn't even the new Eoin Jess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2