English football - do you watch it reguarly? - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English football - do you watch it reguarly?

City’s title to throw away now.

Liverpool the more likely of the 2 to drop points I’d say.

It’s been in city’s hands for a while, but thought Spurs or Man Utd was Liverpool’s best shout. City losing to spurs in the champions league was a killer, reverse those outcomes... (and Liverpool would probably choke anyway :lol: )

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

City’s title to throw away now.

Liverpool the more likely of the 2 to drop points I’d say.

It’s been in city’s hands for a while, but thought Spurs or Man Utd was Liverpool’s best shout. City losing to spurs in the champions league was a killer, reverse those outcomes... (and Liverpool would probably choke anyway :lol: )

i dont have a horse in this race but (off at a tangent) why are scousers so unlikable

it cant all be Phil Thompson fault

3 hours ago, The Ormond said:

They’re the most likeable people in all of England. 

Most dangerous?

:lol:

Based on a handful of nights out etc. in both cities, Liverpool is infinitely more friendly than Manchester in my experience.

Although scousers do (again in my experience) tend to live up to their slightly dodgy reputation.

I’ve bet Liverpool for the league and Salah top scorer (separately) and think they’re good to watch. Man City are the better team, but I’d argue Liverpool were more entertaining.

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Most dangerous?

Based on a handful of nights out etc. in both cities, Liverpool is infinitely more friendly than Manchester in my experience.

Although scousers do (again in my experience) tend to live up to their slightly dodgy reputation.

I’ve bet Liverpool for the league and Salah top scorer (separately) and think they’re good to watch. Man City are the better team, but I’d argue Liverpool were more entertaining.

Scousers are brand new. The most un-Tory like folk in England.

8 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Liverpool are very good but City are a better side to watch. 

Disagree. I'd much rather watch Liverpool than City. I can appreciate the quality in City's play but its just too slow a lot of the time. 

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Disagree. I'd much rather watch Liverpool than City. I can appreciate the quality in City's play but its just too slow a lot of the time. 

Aye see what you’re saying.

Last season Liverpool were more explosive but this season they’ve been mostly workman like, at a very high level obviously. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye see what you’re saying.

Last season Liverpool were more explosive but this season they’ve been mostly workman like, at a very high level obviously. 

To be fair, you're probably right. They haven't been as exciting this season but they are trying to build a more solid side  and I guess it takes time. Maybe next season will see them balance both ends of the pitch. 

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Most dangerous?

A lot of Scousers genuinely don’t see themselves as English. Or at least vastly different from the rest of the country

Personally I find Manchester to be a superb city, one of the best in England IMO. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

To be fair, you're probably right. They haven't been as exciting this season but they are trying to build a more solid side  and I guess it takes time. Maybe next season will see them balance both ends of the pitch. 

Aye definitely, better team this year overall and just unlucky to come up against a special team, assuming city go on and win it

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

A lot of Scousers genuinely don’t see themselves as English. Or at least vastly different from the rest of the country

Personally I find Manchester to be a superb city, one of the best in England IMO. 

From what I've read and from Scousers I'm acquainted with, there's three sides to the "We are Scouse Not English" thing.

Part of it is a bit tongue in cheek and simply to wind up the Daily Mail reading, Tory voting, "Essex man" type.

Another part is that the city used to be one of the world's major sea ports and had huge immigrant communities, you had the Irish, Italian, Poles, Germans, Russians, Scots, Welsh, Indians, Malays, Chinese, Jamaicans, Barbadians, Bahamians etc all being mixed up together in Liverpool before Victoria's reign even ended.

Then there was the whole "managed decline" era of the eighties and early nineties when the city was being deliberately economically and socially isolated from the rest of England thanks to the cunts who were in government at the time.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

From what I've read and from Scousers I'm acquainted with, there's three sides to the "We are Scouse Not English" thing.

Part of it is a bit tongue in cheek and simply to wind up the Daily Mail reading, Tory voting, "Essex man" type.

Another part is that the city used to be one of the world's major sea ports and had huge immigrant communities, you had the Irish, Italian, Poles, Germans, Russians, Scots, Welsh, Indians, Malays, Chinese, Jamaicans, Barbadians, Bahamians etc all being mixed up together in Liverpool before Victoria's reign even ended.

Then there was the whole "managed decline" era of the eighties and early nineties when the city was being deliberately economically and socially isolated from the rest of England thanks to the cunts who were in government at the time.

👍 Peter Hooton, the singer from The Farm has written some decent stuff about Liverpool over the years. 

20 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Huddersfield 50/1 tonight, the premierships biggest price ever! 

0-0 at 40/1 is getting a couple of my quids 

Can I tempt you into just sending me the money instead? If it’s 0-0 after about 10 minutes we’ll count that as a win.