English football - do you watch it reguarly? - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English football - do you watch it reguarly?

11 minutes ago, macy37 said:

More has been posted on here about the Brum stuff than what happened in a full week at Easter Road.

Sweep sweep Scotland. Exactly why we have such issues.

Agreed

Take a look at Hibs.net and a few Hibs Facebook pages where people are saying Tavernier should be done for pushing the prick

2 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Three incidents in three days and you had the bottle throwing at Hibs against Celtic last week. You've got to wonder how these people are allowed to get onto the pitch or bring a glass bottle into a football ground in the first place. A rethink of football ground security is needed.

Plus there’s been a lot of paggering at horse racing lately too

The worlds went to shite

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

From what ive read one Nobody is trying to sweep any incidents from Easter road under the carpet. Plenty discussion on it over on the weekend matches thread.

That and people would rather talk about the actual football.

What more is there to say about these things that haven't already been said anyway? They're terrible and nobody wants to see it, but spending time going over it and over it again on a forum isn't the answer to changing it.

I listen to a few fitba podcasts, including the Guardians with Barry cunt Glendinning, over the last few weeks the cunt has rejoiced in the issues in Scotland, now its happened in his beloved adopted country, I look forward to hearing the fat wankstains opinion.

12 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I listen to a few fitba podcasts, including the Guardians with Barry cunt Glendinning, over the last few weeks the cunt has rejoiced in the issues in Scotland, now its happened in his beloved adopted country, I look forward to hearing the fat wankstains opinion.

There are a lot you can fling at Glendenning but one of them certainly is not being some sort of happy clapper for english football. He's one of the few journalists at a major national paper to constantly inject a bit of realism to English football and the relentless PR machine that surrounds it.

Just now, Mox said:

There are a lot you can fling at Glendenning but one of them certainly is not being some sort of happy clapper for english football. He's one of the few journalists at a major national paper to constantly inject a bit of realism to English football and the relentless PR machine that surrounds it.

I dont believe I did.

He is a bigger moaning negative twat than anyone on here, including me.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

I dont believe I did.

He is a bigger moaning negative twat than anyone on here, including me.

You mentioned his 'beloved adopted country', which I took as a suggestion of his positive or favourable attitude towards England and english football, when I haven't heard it, primarily due to the his general demeanour of doom and gloom that you mentioned, which I do quite enjoy.

They are doing live show in Glasgow with Ewan Murray and Jonathan Wilson which could be interesting or more than likely could be utter guff in a live environment.

54 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

14 weeks in jail for the daft cunt who ran on and punched the Villa player.

He's actually had a result there , I'd say. I expected a couple of years.

Didn’t even get a decent punch in.

Beyond putting up fences again or having a human shield guarding the pitch I’m not sure what else clubs can be expected to do. 

10 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Didn’t even get a decent punch in.

Beyond putting up fences again or having a human shield guarding the pitch I’m not sure what else clubs can be expected to do. 

I agree and there is no way fences will be reintroduced so we can rule that out immediately.

12 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

14 weeks in jail for the daft cunt who ran on and punched the Villa player.

He's actually had a result there , I'd say. I expected a couple of years.

Cunt will be living off of that with all the fans for a few years now. 14 weeks (or whatever he will actually serve) is hardly a massive deterrent for a scumbag.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Cunt will be living off of that with all the fans for a few years now. 14 weeks (or whatever he will actually serve) is hardly a massive deterrent for a scumbag.

badge of honour

he was applauded by 15000 people as the villa manager pointed out

Thought they’d have made a real example of him.

Swift justice at least.

Whats happened with the boy from Easter road?

Strange how he’s got a 10 year banning order. Is that the maximum? Presume Birmingham will have given him a life ban?

I think the Easter Rd one has been slightly blown out of proportion.  It looked to me as if the boy thought he'd be a bit of a smart arse and run down and boot the ball away from Tavernier before he could get to it.  They've both got there at the same time and a bit of a scuffle has ensued.  The boy should obviously not have been over the barrier and should be slammed for that but I don't think he's went there to confront or attack the player and it's certainly not at the level of what happened at Brum.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I think the Easter Rd one has been slightly blown out of proportion.  It looked to me as if the boy thought he'd be a bit of a smart arse and run down and boot the ball away from Tavernier before he could get to it.  They've both got there at the same time and a bit of a scuffle has ensued.  The boy should obviously not have been over the barrier and should be slammed for that but I don't think he's went there to confront or attack the player and it's certainly not at the level of what happened at Brum.

I see what you’re saying.

One thing I noticed was him reaching for his back pocket a couple of times.

Looked like he had something in it, probably just a big phone. Maybe he wanted a selfy?

:lol:

On a different level to the Birmingham one, but he was still squaring up to Tavernier as he was lifted and shouldn’t have been there.

Dont remember hearing what happened to the boy who went for Scott Brown in OF game? Would say that was a comparable incident?

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I see what you’re saying.

One thing I noticed was him reaching for his back pocket a couple of times.

Looked like he had something in it, probably just a big phone. Maybe he wanted a selfy?

On a different level to the Birmingham one, but he was still squaring up to Tavernier as he was lifted and shouldn’t have been there.

Dont remember hearing what happened to the boy who went for Scott Brown in OF game? Would say that was a comparable incident?

I've only seen it a couple of times on my phone so may not have caught the full essence of it!

I don't remember the Brown one, when was that? (I've not watched an Old Firm game since we got cuffed 5-1 in our first season back up)

SPFL and SFA  come up with more empty promises 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47529229

Have a listen to last nights podcast from sportsound, this is discussed at length and whether you like Tom English or not, he is 100% bang on about the attitude of the clubs and authorities in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

was that from the recent Rangers win?

It was from the 5-1 game at Ibrox last term. Was the same game as the boy making the monkey gestures at Sinclair and a guy throwing a battery at Griffiths. Perhaps even the same game somebody launched a golf ball at Armstrong.

49 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

To be honest the boy looked like he absolutely shat it. Same as the idiot Celtic fan who confronted Mbappe, I presume he got a lot further than he expected and didn't know what the eff to do next.

7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It was from the 5-1 game at Ibrox last term. Was the same game as the boy making the monkey gestures at Sinclair and a guy throwing a battery at Griffiths. Perhaps even the same game somebody launched a golf ball at Armstrong.

strange, I can't even remember it but then I don't watch that many games nowadays but the fall out would usually be something we'd remember. 

23 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

My mistake.

I thought it was from the December one.

Time flies.

• 3 weeks later...