English football - do you watch it reguarly? - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English football - do you watch it reguarly?

34 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Unfortunately, players are much more of an asset nowadays than a manager will ever be, so that’s never gonna happen. 

True but fun to imagine various managers in that position.

Shankly would have literally walked on and dragged him off (if they had subs at the time, not sure.)

1 minute ago, phart said:

True but fun to imagine various managers in that position.

Shankly would have literally walked on and dragged him off (if they had subs at the time, not sure.)

I said the same regarding John Terry yesterday, absolute no chance he would’ve stood for that behaviour by any player. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

I said the same regarding John Terry yesterday, absolute no chance he would’ve stood for that behaviour by any player. 

tbf John waas probably sitting in full kit just waiting for the shout to lift the cup.

Edited by phart

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Terry, Redknapp and Zabaletta were all in the studio and to be honest only Redknapp went to town on the keeper. Terry was very reserved, like you I thought he’d have gone in full pelt, but no. Probably still has close ties with Chelsea right enough. 

Would loved to have heard Roy Keane’s take on it 😉

Edited by McTeeko

8 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Terry, Redknapp and Zabaletta were all in the studio and to be honest only Redknapp went to town on the keeper. Terry was very reserved, like you I thought he’d have gone in full pelt, but no. Probably still has close ties with Chelsea right enough. 

Would loved to have heard Roy Keane’s take on it 😉

Speaking to my gran about it.

She told me that the keeper at United who had been brought in to replace Leighton during the FA cup had a full on fight with the physio on the 91 league cup final to prove he could play and stay on. (les Sealy was the player).

She also told a tale of the Rose about to kick off their junior scottish cup tie when my grandad walked onto the pitch and asked if there was any chance of a game, got told they had full squads so wandered back off. God knows how much he had to drink.

18 minutes ago, phart said:

Speaking to my gran about it.

She told me that the keeper at United who had been brought in to replace Leighton during the FA cup had a full on fight with the physio on the 91 league cup final to prove he could play and stay on. (les Sealy was the player).

That had me googling Les Sealey, I knew he had died but didn't realise it was 18 years ago! :o 

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Save of the season from Jay Leno today.

The two penalties amply demonstrated why VAR is a necessity at the top levels of the game.

The atmosphere was absolutely pathetic, 70 odd thousand sitting on their hands.

25 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Liverpool derby, Liverpool really need to win, and yet it was an utterly shite game.

Give the marketers their due, they promote that league unbelievably well.

I didn’t think it was that bad, But the quality from this and the game v Man U compared with the Elcassico is significant. Van Djick strolled that game there though.

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Was just going to post that. Absolute disgrace. Never seen anything like that before. The wee Ned saluting his mates as well. Birmingham FC should be heavily fined for this. Lifetime ban for that nutter. What the fuck is football coming to..

I remember the game about 10 years ago on a Monday night, I think it was the first time they’d played each other for a long time and Birmingham won 2-0 l, there was a lot of bother that night too

Peter Enkleman sliced a backpass for one of the goals and there was a pitch invasion. One boy was given him the wanker sign right in his face. It all kicked off again when Robbie Savage got sent off

4 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I remember the game about 10 years ago on a Monday night, I think it was the first time they’d played each other for a long time and Birmingham won 2-0 l, there was a lot of bother that night too

Peter Enkleman sliced a backpass for one of the goals and there was a pitch invasion. One boy was given him the wanker sign right in his face. It all kicked off again when Robbie Savage got sent off

Aye Enkleman let it slip under his foot from a throw-in back to him 🙈

Must be a lot more than 10 years though - I’d say nearer 20.....

Edit: 2002 it was 👍🏼

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/enckelman-adamant-blunder-was-not-a-goal-177319.html

Edited by McTeeko