English football - do you watch it reguarly? - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English football - do you watch it reguarly?

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

That thing with the Chelsea sub/goalie completely sums up the modern English league to me. Fucked beyond all recognition due to sickening amounts of money. Total basket case. 👍

Telling that none of the other players stepped in as well. Totally lost the dressing room, if he ever had it. 

Players hold so much power now and if a handful of them want you sacked you’re pretty much done.

13 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Telling that none of the other players stepped in as well. Totally lost the dressing room, if he ever had it. 

Players hold so much power now and if a handful of them want you sacked you’re pretty much done.

Correct, I doubt even the likes of Fergie would survive the pussies masquerading as footballers nowadays. 

Was just listening to talk sport there in the car and they general consensus is that it was a disgrace, which I’m sure everyone will agree on, but the manager is in a no win situation. If he drops the keeper, the board steps in after the big transfer player complains and if he doesn’t, he’s allowing every player to walk over him. 

Absoutely disgraceful that the captain (Luiz?) never stepped in and threw him off the park, simply wouldn’t of happened if Terry was still there. That penalty shootout was lost before a ball was kicked. 

Wouldnt be surprised to see both Sarri and Cabellero handing in resignation letters tomorrow morning. 

4 minutes ago, Debian said:

Was the keeper hurt or was it tactical for the pens?

If the latter, it's a bit shite being subbed off for pens.   

I only caught the tail end of it but I think he was down getting treatment before it. Either way, it's unprofessional and I'm glad he made an arse of Aguero's penalty.

I watched both games off and on and they were horrific. The standard was diabolical. Extra time the lot.

The keeper incident was I think a real moment in football history. Chelsea are a club of player wankers out of control and no self respecting manager should go near it.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I watched both games off and on and they were horrific. The standard was diabolical. Extra time the lot.

The keeper incident was I think a real moment in football history. Chelsea are a club of player wankers out of control and no self respecting manager should go near it.

With the imminent transfer ban, not very many will I would imagine. 

A keeper with cramp? Aye nae bother then. 

The boy is a complete wank for disrespecting his manager like that, but Sarri may as well walk right now as he will have lost all respect from his players. 

Van Gaal subbed his keeper for Tim Krul in the last min of extra time at Brazil 2014 in the game between the Dutch and Costa Rica. Krul saved two, the Dutch went through and Van Gaal was a ‘genius’. 

Can understand why Sarri wanted to do it, however by letting the keeper stay on, him making an arse of letting Aguero’s penalty in after doing a daft wee dance on his line means BOTH of them have been left looking total bellends.

The keeper coming on has a reputation for saving penalties and had played for the opposing team recently as well, plus the other keeper had been treated twice.

Bill Shankly would have went on the pitch and dragged him off by the lugs in front of everyone.

42 minutes ago, phart said:

The keeper coming on has a reputation for saving penalties and had played for the opposing team recently as well, plus the other keeper had been treated twice.

Bill Shankly would have went on the pitch and dragged him off by the lugs in front of everyone.

Unfortunately, players are much more of an asset nowadays than a manager will ever be, so that’s never gonna happen. 

46 minutes ago, phart said:

WTF would Jim McLean have done to someone in that situation ? !