English football - do you watch it reguarly? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English football - do you watch it reguarly?

50 minutes ago, Chripper said:

We have one world class player, it's nice to able to enjoy it while we can.

Like people did with Andy Murray. 

I’ll reserve watching him for my country. Each to their own but I’ve no interest in watching two teams I’ve no interest in.

33 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Robertson isn't world class?

I'd be willing to bet you that 99% of Liverpool fans wouldn't swap Andy Robertson for any left back in the world..

That, to me, is the definition of word class.

Andy Robertson could be world class, he's potentially on course, but Jordi Alba, Marcelo, Lucas Hernandez, David Alaba, Alex Sandro, Escudero are all better than him at the minute. 

48 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Robertson isn't world class?

I'd be willing to bet you that 99% of Liverpool fans wouldn't swap Andy Robertson for any left back in the world..

That, to me, is the definition of word class.

Correct, he isn’t world class.

Your definition is wrong. You are basing it on the (biased) views of one clubs fans on who they want to have playing for them. That’s never been how you define “world class”. 

4 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Correct, he isn’t world class.

Your definition is wrong. You are basing it on the (biased) views of one clubs fans on who they want to have playing for them. That’s never been how you define “world class”. 

He isn't world class? So, you're declaring that he isn't world class? So you know more than the majority of Liverpool fans? A great number of professional pundits? Professional footballers? Fans of most EPL clubs?

That's quite the declaration.

I'm basing it on the fact that Andy Robertson is ranked as the fifth best left back in the world, and the youngest.

Hell, ask most Man United fans if they'd accept a swap between Shaw and Robertson and I think the answer would blow your "biased" thing out of the water. :)

18 minutes ago, Mox said:

Andy Robertson could be world class, he's potentially on course, but Jordi Alba, Marcelo, Lucas Hernandez, David Alaba, Alex Sandro, Escudero are all better than him at the minute. 

He's definitely on course if he isn't there already.

As Phil Neville said a week or so ago, fans seldom chant the name of a mere fullback. 

9 minutes ago, Chripper said:

He isn't world class? So, you're declaring that he isn't world class? So you know more than the majority of Liverpool fans? A great number of professional pundits? Professional footballers? Fans of most EPL clubs?

I'm basing it on the fact that Andy Robertson is ranked as the fifth best left back in the world, and the youngest.

Hell, ask most Man United fans if they'd accept a swap between Shaw and Robertson and I think the answer would blow your "biased" thing out of the water. :)

As Phil Neville said a week or so ago, fans seldom chant the name of a mere fullback

Celtic fans chant Shay Logan’s name every time we play :)

12 hours ago, Chripper said:

As Phil Neville said a week or so ago, fans seldom chant the name of a mere fullback. 

I can give a neutral point of view which will be more balanced than a (Liverpool) fans point of view.

Never heard one professional pundit or player decscribe him as world class. Seeing you are using the plural I’m surely you will be able to give 5 or 6 example.

Most Man Utd fans would accept a lot of players in front of Luke Shaw, that doesn’t mean those replacements are world class though does it? If world class is defined as preferable to Luke Shaw then there a lot of world class players out there.

Robertson is a very good player. He’s no David Alaba or Marcelo though.

Just seen you have just linked to Transfermrkt, think we can close this discussion at that point.

Due to the pathetic tv deal we have, the only football highlights to watch on a Saturday night is english so I do watch that. Never watch a live game as don't really have any proper interest. Just like I wouldn't watch a live game from Spain, Italy etc.  Find it very hard to watch a game where I have no interest in who wins.

6 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I can give a neutral point of view which will be more balanced than a (Liverpool) fans point of view.

Never heard one professional pundit or player decscribe him as world class. Seeing you are using the plural I’m surely you will be able to give 5 or 6 example.

Most Man Utd fans would accept a lot of players in front of Luke Shaw, that doesn’t mean those replacements are world class though does it? If world class is defined as preferable to Luke Shaw then there a lot of world class players out there.

Robertson is a very good player. He’s no David Alaba or Marcelo though.

Just seen you have just linked to Transfermrkt, think we can close this discussion at that point.

How are you a neutral if you're a Scotland fan?

Eamon Dunphy Andy Robertson is World Class - Plus I'm guessing you weren't watching the NBCSN coverage over Man City - Liverpool when Phil Neville called him world class before the match.

Andrew Robertson will be in the EPL team of the year, that's without question. He'd walk into any EPL team, and that includes Man City who paid £52million for Mendy. 

Very good? Wow...

Yeah, I think we stopped after you called him a mere "very good". 

6 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

It was a visual representative of Robertson being amongst the best left backs in the world.

I thought that was obvious... apparently not.

Also, if you are talking about value then Robertson's value has risen to £72million

Link

Not many "very good players" are worth £72 million.