Bad Habits.. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So whats your bad habits, or your worst?. Me? Dead easy. I talk under my breath.. Drives my wife nuts. I can't help it. I try to mentally tell myself not to do it, but I end up doing it again without even noticing. Doing it for years.  Anyone else got any bad habits?

12 minutes ago, phart said:

What sort of things do you say?

If my wife tells me to do something, or we have a disagreement, I walk away mumbling under my breath. It's nothing bad or disrespectful to her, I just always talk under my breath to myself. Drives her mental. "What did you just say?". Me, "nothin" 🤣

Always forget to put in my hearing aid. I am 70% deaf in my left ear, probably from Bagpiping. Anyhoo, I have a hearing aid that I always forget to put in. Me. What? What? Wife. Where is your hearing aid? 😉. Fuckin must have lost that thing 5 or 6 times coming home drunk and forgetting were I put it. It's so small. £1200.00 I paid for it. Another bad habit.😗

17 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

If my wife tells me to do something, or we have a disagreement, I walk away mumbling under my breath. It's nothing bad or disrespectful to her, I just always talk under my breath to myself. Drives her mental. "What did you just say?". Me, "nothin" 🤣

So what is it?

35 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Have you ever mumbled to yourself? "Aye ok".  "I'll do it".  "I'm still going to the pub" 😉. Just talking to myself under my breath. No harm at all. I just talk to myself. 🙂

If that happened to you, you would surely assume they had said "**** you you fat ****" or something similar. "Why mumble it" would be the argument. Are you sure you are not saying bad things under your breath and not being honest about it? I mean why mumble unless you know it is bad. You must be mumbling as some sort of sub conscious self preservation thing.

Edited by thplinth

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

If that happened to you, you would surely assume they had said "**** you you fat ****" or something similar. "Why mumble it" would be the argument. Are you sure you are not saying bad things under your breath and not being honest about it? I mean why mumble unless you know it is bad. You must be mumbling as some sort of sub conscious self preservation thing.

Are you a shrink? Or you just fishing?. I only swear on a message board when bellends piss me off.  Never with my family if that's were you are going with this. 

Ehhhh. You started the thread and posted it as your example of bad behaviour. But now you have intrigued me I was just wondering why you mumble and not simply say it out loud.You must know it is dodgy, no? I am thinking you are mumbling "Go **** yourself you *** ****" while thinking you are really mumbling "I politely disagree, love of my life". Are you, to use North American vernacular, possibly 'pussy whipped' Ramy? Ask yourself - did the mumblin start after you got married?

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Ehhhh. You started the thread and posted it as your example of bad behaviour. But now you have intrigued me I was just wondering why you mumble and not simply say it out loud.You must know it is dodgy, no? I am thinking you are mumbling "Go **** yourself you *** ****" while thinking you are really mumbling "I politely disagree, love of my life". Are you, to use North American vernacular, possibly 'pussy whipped' Ramy? Ask yourself - did the mumblin start after you got married?

Are you for real? That is absolutely none of your fucking buisness pal. 

25 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Are you for real? That is absolutely none of your fucking buisness pal. 

That is a massive yes. I am totally thinking Ramy is super whipped north american style.

edit: no offense but WTF with the mumblin?

Edited by thplinth

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

That is a massive yes. I am totally thinking Ramy is super whipped north american style.

Well you are entitled to whatever you perceive about my well being. I am certainty not "whipped" as you put it. I am the boss in my household. I call the shots. 🤣🤣🤣