Sign in to follow this  
ErsatzThistle

Scotland U19s 2003/04 "Where Are They Now ?"

Ayr had a striker called Andrew Ferguson around that time who would fit in age wise (born 1985) - no idea if it was the same guy though.  Left to go to Dundee.   Wiki tells me he went on to play for Clyde, Alloa, Stenny, Airdrie after that and currently plays for Arthurlie.    Can't recall any other Fergusons at Ayr around that time so have to assume it's same one.

Having seen Linn a few times (ok, in lower league action) he has stood out every time I've seen him. Definitely could have played at a much higher level, IMO. Natural awareness, skill, and reading of the game is second to none.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:20 AM, g@un said:

Wilkie will be Ryan Wilkie, a right winger who was highly rated back in the day before ending up at Workington Town, and I think Clyde.

I can remember him being Luis Figo-esque in one of the Championship Manager Games (03/04 I think).

Workington town are the rugby league team the football side are Workington Reds

Low is Steven Low, left Celtic and I believe went straight into Junior fitba. No involvement now from what I know

Wright is Kenny Wright, made the fringes of Motherwells 1s team, scored a goal against Aberdeen from what I can remember and then pottered about the lower leagues for a while

19 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

There was  Ferguson at East Fife (I think) who signed for Tottenham, but didn't seem to do much.

Ah, just seen Ayr beside him :)

Think that guy was called Steven Ferguson.  Scored something like 10 goals in his first 8 games for East Fife aged 18, signed for Tottenham, never seen again.

edit : actually, wiki says it's 6 goals in 11 games, he played for Woking for five years and had a spell on loan at Motherwell that I didn't know about.

Then he was never seen again.

Edited by adamntg

I think McKenzie of Rangers is Gary McKenzie, previously of Dundee, MK Dons, Blackpool and lastly with St. Mirren.

Was a Rangers played called Faser Coyle around that time. Never played for the first team that I am aware of, but played in the U21 at the same time as one of my mates. Left to join Airdrie.

Edited by Stu101